Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Why, XWE. Why?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lightning Hunter
Ashamed Promoter

Whenever I open Doom2.wad with XWE (for viewing purposes), the iWAD file is instantly modified without me doing ANYTHING. Then when I load Doom2 using Doomsday - it shows the Final Doom TNT menu, textures, and more - instead of the Doom2 menu. I then have to replace Doom2.wad with the original to fix it. So basically, every time I double click the file (which automatically opens with XWE), I have to fix the iWAD by replacing it with the original. It's almost like XWE is set to merge some Final Doom stuff with Doom2.wad when I open it.

Why is it doing this? I'm using Windows XP.

Edit: It appears that XWE does this with any WAD file that I open, and not just Doom2.wad. This is a great way to screw up WAD files for poor, innocent, unsuspecting Doomers that don't back up their stuff. It's a good thing I have copies of everything.

Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 12-20-11 at 19:51

Old Post 12-20-11 19:46 #
Lightning Hunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Evolution

Spooky. Have you tried a new/separate XWE install? Also XWE should make backups for you by default.

Old Post 12-20-11 20:06 #
Evolution is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

This is a reason why you should use SLADE 3 instead.</pimp>

Old Post 12-20-11 21:49 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lightning Hunter
Ashamed Promoter

Wow, Slade is a lot better! I just came back from a long break from Doom, so there are a lot of new releases I'm not aware of. Thanks for the suggestion.

XWE =

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/3/32/Baleeted.png

Old Post 12-20-11 22:18 #
Lightning Hunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HavoX

Gez said:
This is a reason why you should use SLADE 3 instead.</pimp>
But how are you going to do a custom ENDOOM screen? :P

Old Post 12-20-11 22:25 #
HavoX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Lightning Hunter said:
So basically, every time I double click the file (which automatically opens with XWE), I have to fix the iWAD by replacing it with the original. It's almost like XWE is set to merge some Final Doom stuff with Doom2.wad when I open it.
Don't know how you managed to get XWE to do that and not leave you with a PWAD. Does running XWE also execute a batch file you might have forgotten about?

Old Post 12-20-11 23:48 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote