Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slicezorr

XWE problem

Whenever I try to open up XWE, I get this...or more like I DON'T GET THIS! http://prntscr.com/1z5881
That's because at first I actually got an entry, and it was only one entry. PISTOL_S.wav or something. Then I tried to mess up through the options in that options tab at the top, but I accidentally clicked the option that tab not to show up anymore and it seems that the settings don't save in the root folder because I couldn't get it back.
Does anyone know a solution?
P.S.: I checked appdata and nothing here.

If you don't mind rummaging around in the Windows registry - do a search for csabo and inside the XWE sub-folder change the Hex value of the ViewEntryList and ViewMenuBar keys from 0 to 1.

Thank you, Ghost. Now I can see the menu bar, but I mounted DOOM2.WAD and still no entry. And on the status bar it says "0 entries 15 miliseconds". The WAD doesn't seem to be broken since it's the same WAD I use for every sourceport. Any other suggestions or am I just plain stupid and I can't notice something very logical?

Edit: Nevermind, the WAD was just broken. Now it works.

Slicezorr said:

Nevermind, the WAD was just broken.

That's bound to happen a lot while you're learning to edit wads, be sure to make backups before doing something you might later regret.

GreyGhost said:

That's bound to happen a lot while you're learning to edit wads, be sure to make backups before doing something you might later regret.

Especially if you're using XWE. It corrupts files if you look at it wrong. Backup frequently, and do not even try to rely on the program's own backup feature. It can corrupt or erase backups as well.

Also it modifies your IWADs just in the course of opening the program. You should back those up as well, just in case. If you no longer have the original install media you used to obtain your IWADs and it has already modified them, you are SOL if you like to have untarnished files.