|Do things get better after teenage?||April 21, 2014, 2:13 pm|
|I'm not totally depressed, but I keep getting weird random thoughts in my mind, and sometimes, I feel a little anxious in a few situations which is kind of ridiculous. There are also other stuff I go through other people do not. Point is, is this just me, or am I going through typical teenage?|
|Attempt at animation rigging||April 16, 2014, 4:21 pm|
animating is fun, right???
|Anyone here got Autodesk Maya?||January 3, 2014, 9:12 am|
|I have a .3ds file and would like someone to test it in Maya with textures.|
|Hey, I just programmed something...||December 26, 2013, 3:26 pm|
... And this is crazy
But here's the code
So give suggestions, ideas, feedback, thoughts, maybe?
//Simple RPG based fighting game in C++
Anyways, I need help in several things:
- How do I put limits for inputs to one kind of variables?
- How do I convert variables? (Integers to Strings and vice-versa)
|C30N9, a wannabe modeller||December 19, 2013, 4:29 pm|
What do you think? It's not the best but I'm happy with the result. Planing to sell this for cheap bucks.
|What is university life like?||November 17, 2013, 1:46 pm|
So after less than a year I'll get the hell out of school. I'll take a whole day to explain why I hated school most of the time so I'll just explain in short. First, I've been learning and studying stuff just to earn grades but not to actually use them for real. Second, I don't have any close friends to talk with, I'm not that lonely but the majority of them is not my type. Also, there are those immature people who care only about their muscles, getting attention and fights.
I've been told that there is a huge gap between the school and university, but I doubt that everything changes dramatically after putting your first step in the uni.
What do you think? Please share your experience about this.
|Job: Game Programmer?||November 28, 2011, 2:20 pm|
This thread is about my future career job discussion. Game programmers/designers are recommended to reply here. I'm 15 now, I know I'm young, but I should start thinking about my job. Now here is the small issue, which job is perfect to me. I would choose strongly designing or programming, mainly for gaming.
Why did I choose (mostly) Game programming?
- Creativity: One of my favorite things. By this I mean creating your own thing and showing it to others. It is just awesome to me, guess why I like Doom mapping? :P
- Your own work: Sometimes, programmers go to work for companies, but others can program their own things alone at home, or with another group. You wouldn't get pressure on your self, plus you're the one who will decide your time. Minus laziness and not-hardworking of course!
- Huge amount of money: You make your game and then sell it worldwide, there is a huge number of people who will buy your game, and there will be people who will like the game. Even if you sold it for $1, lets say 10000 were impressed and bought the game, you'll get $10000.
A big example is "Minecraft", it is created by Notch. Even though it is a simple game, it is so popular. I believe it is sold for $15, and about 4 million people have bought the game. Well, 15 * 4 * 10 ^ 6 = $60000000. Huge isn't it? :P But this case will happen if the game was too enjoyable and popular.
Also, once I heard a story about a man who studied java scripting, and was able to create one simple game. He did and sold it for $1 only, and the results came above $1 million.
- Creating what wasn't in your favorite game: FPS games about killing monsters are my favorite. I like Doom, and love the maps in it and gameplay. I also like Serious Sam, and love the music and proceeding through chapters. But you were frustrated because you didn't find things you wished for.
Lets say you want to make a game, inspired by those 2 games. Fusing Doom and Serious Sam together and make a game you dreamed of with new abilities you always wanted to be.
What are my fears?
Not much, but I may find it difficult, but I guess I won't because I kinda like coding and do understand it, and second, I will be studying to become one. :P
Another thing is, (Ok this may sound crazy) I may need a side job, because what if I was making something, but didn't succeed at the end? Or perhaps taking a long time, and that small side job will give me money during programming.
Lastly, strongly requested from game programmers here, what are the suggestions you can give me? And how was your career at this type.
I hope I cleared my opinion here, and would love to receive from you.
|1 Year on Doomworld||November 13, 2011, 2:51 am|
About 6 days ago, I have been registered for A ONE FULL YEAR. I started by publishing Redoom.
A funny thing I found, that before a year I was in 64 mapping, and after a year, came back to 64 mapping. :P
For those who stayed the same or longer, how "noob" were you when you came? :P
|I'm 15!||September 30, 2011, 1:58 am|
Today is my 15th birthday.
How did 15 passers feel about this age?
Just curious. :P