|Venting about Metal Gear Online 3||March 20, 2016, 4:56 am|
This thread is an outlet for a few of my bullshit thoughts about the latest Metal Gear Online. Maybe I'll post more shit opinions as they come to me.
1) I think the Combat Knife alt-stab while laying prone is incredibly overpowered as-is. The current dominant strategy in CQC matches is to quick-dive which can cause either a brief stun or a knockdown, and is easily followed by a foot-stab that seems like it can one shot even Snake and Ocelot, who have the highest health in the game (by a factor of at least two).
2) The poor netcode amplifies the previous problem a lot. Because of latency, I can Fulton Punch someone a good several seconds before they "force pull" me into another location with CQC, which seems to end up in me getting KO'd every time. Sometimes, I'll get KO'd and then they "receive" my Fulton Punch. You can imagine how upsetting it can be to clearly slit someone's throat, but because of lag, their "super footstab" takes precedence and you die from what seems like 20 feet away on your screen.
3) The stock game modes and maps leave a lot to be desired. As much as I love this game, Black Site Night is the only good map (can't say for the DLC levels that just came out). Gray Rampart is shit. Amber Station is meh. Red Fortress is only good for CQC matches because whoever is on the team that spawns inside the fortress will always win, since all of the original game modes are basically Team Deathmatch.
4) The weapon variety is lame. There are a total of two rifles worth using: the AM MRS-4 and the UN-ARC. That is also 2/3 of all the assault rifles in the game. There is one lethal handgun worth using at all out of two I've seen, and there are only two non-lethal ranged weapon options, the Wu-S and the Bullhorn. And the Bullhorn got a serious nerf on 1.07 IIRC. There are other "unique" strategies you can employ and they do work, like throwing empty magazines to stun people, but this is just a stop-gap solution to the problem that this game seems to have everywhere: content is missing.
5) Infiltrator is the best class. Enforcers are slowed down far too much for their marginal health increase to be worthwhile in a firefight, and Scouts are just babby's first infiltrator minus the FULTON+3 ability.
|How should I handle this?||February 3, 2014, 5:41 pm|
I don't expect a substitute for a professional opinion, just curious what you guys might do in this situation
I'm an E-5 in the Navy, supervisor for a bunch of other E-5s and below, chain of command tells me I shouldn't be doing actual work because I'm a supervisor or whatever and I'd rather keep busy because otherwise the impending 12-hour shifts are going to really suck cock.
I guess really the question is: would you work my ass off in opposition to what your CoC is telling you and keep the respect of your people, or would you instead do what your chain is telling you to do and appear lazy and unmotivated to your junior guys