|*Degree mode off||September 19, 2013, 5:08 am|
Or is it 'degree mode on'? Either way, I graduated yesterday from university after 3.5 years, finished my BA degree with majors in Philosophy and Gender Studies. Enjoying my break so far before I get back into uni again next year, where I'll be doing a Bachelor of Philosophy/Master of Research post-grad course, and hope I do well enough to go for a PhD.
This is me caped in academic glory.
On a side note, ever since I finished my degree in June and was left contending with truckloads of time, I've been working on a Doom 2 Boom project. Just to clarify, I said I'd 'retire' from mapping so I'd effectively discipline myself into focusing more on uni work, which worked quite well for me (and I'd look like a right idiot if I came back any sooner). But I figured I'd release a nice and proper project to make up for Surge, and instead of 'retiring', I'll just say it can't be guaranteed that I will or will not make another map. :P I'll probably officially announce the project in a month or so when I've done enough to show some progress. The project itself is a perfect example of why I suck at vanilla mapping. I hope to finish it before I start my postgrad course next year, which is looking doable at the time being.
I'm also looking for a known UV-Max Speedrunner to help me out with the gameplay balancing/advice. Let me know if you're keen!
*Behold, an original title!
|Happy Birthday to SoD||March 28, 2012, 5:41 am|
Yes that's right.
Happy birthday to Speed of Doom...
and me! 21 years of suffering..
Now make us a special map, bitches. (Just because I've stopped mapping doesn't mean I can't request a bloody map!)
If y'all want a challenge with this map-making, make a SoD-styled map! (Should be interesting to see how people would interpret that)
That is all.
|Thinking about becoming an exchange student||May 12, 2011, 2:29 am|
I'm thinking about studying overseas for 6 month. Just something different for me and absorb some more xp points. Gotta fill in a form before the end of June for next year's 2nd semester.
The real issue is which country?? England, France or Canada seems to be the options at the moment. A lot are suggesting I go to Europe but I'll have to ask questions if the uni can provide support like captioning/interpreters and such (I am profoundly deaf after all). England seems to be the easiest option since they can provide sign language interpreters (British sign language is quite similar to Australia's) but captioning is good enough for me as well. I've been in England twice, but I'm not sure whether if that would be adventurous enough, I could do something more different. It's an exciting prospect as I don't really have anything special around here for the time being.
Any thoughts on which countries to go to? Does anyone have stories they can share on their experiences as an exchange student?
|Birthday||March 27, 2011, 9:27 am|
Well, it's my birthday today. I turn 20 but it doesn't feel like a birthday, with all the priority resting on university and social/sport obligations. I haven't much mapping lately and probably will eventually stop mapping very soon. Anyway, won't be celebrating apart from a dinner at a decent club and playing a bit of Yoshi Island and doom to bring back some nostalgic childhood memories.
Since I don't think many of you really know me, I'll borrow the concept of the 'hot seat' that Planky conveniently used: Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them.
Today's date also marks the one year anniversary of the release of Speed of Doom :D. Boy, time does fly...
And it's ArmouredBlood's birthday too today... like some peeps mentioned, there must be some sort of conspiracy going on with all the forum lurkers' parents shagging on June. Reminds me of a Simpsons episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grampa...xual_Inadequacy
|Canadians are cool||April 5, 2010, 6:36 am|
Realised I haven't started a blog post or a poll here yet, so here goes a random topic:
After a moment of contemplation, I've reached to a conclusion that Canadians are cool. I'm Australian by the way. There are other awesome countries undoubtedly (would like to visit Czech republic one day :P) but this one'll do for now.
Here's what I've found after years of observation:
- Most Canadian comedians/actors are quite admirable; not to mention, they host an awesome and incomparable comedy festival in Montreal.
- They are a multicultural country, the very first to be considered as one AFAIK. They consider bilingualism as an accepted norm, and encourages it, yay for activating differences. I am actually bilingual myself, Auslan and English being my language of choice, respectively.
- While at a nightclub celebrating my shared 19th birthday party with 2 other friends of mine 2 nights ago, since our birthday date are within several days of each other, I bumped into a cute Canadian girl who incidentally was also celebrating her 19th birthday. She had a really cute accent; I liked how she pronounced 'beer' and she knew how to one hand fingerspell somehow (I'm very familiar and relatively fluent with ASL fingerspelling). Her sister and co were really nice too.
- Friends of mine that live in England used to live in Canada (they're old farts now), and has nothing but praise for them and wouldn't cease praising when I visited them.
- Two old good friends of mine (a brother and sister) are living in Canada now with Canadian gf/bfs, respectively.
- I know of a cool deaf Canadian bloke who I see from time to time, his girlfriend's an aussie, and a friend.
- My notetaker at uni is a Canadian, and has a good sense of humor, and does a really good job at notetaking.
- My first favourite band was Nickelback (I prefer and worship U2 now, but I still like listening to them)
- Ice hockey is fun.
- Canadian Club is better than Jack Daniels or Jim Beam.
- Australia hosted the Rugby World Cup in 2003; my school received free tickets to watch Canada play against Tonga; traveled 2 hours to and from the match. It was an enjoyable match to watch which Canada won.
- Last but not least, there are cool Canadian doomers here. Inb4Creaphis and esselfortium (and any other Canadians I don't know of or relatively forgotten; I'm only aware of the two as they somewhat profusely advertise the fact they are one)
Hmm, well there's my inductive argument, weak/superficial or not, I thought I'd point it out anyway. :P