|Beer||August 30, 2010, 11:26 pm|
Right now, I'm sipping on Trappistes Rochefort 8. It's incredible. The 10 is better, but this is still fantastic. Very sweet beer... kinda like cinnamon bread in a bottle. Drinking good beer is one of my favorite hobbies. So I have to ask:
What's your favorite beer? Why? And most importantly: Where can I get it?
|23 Years Outta Tha Womb||August 27, 2010, 10:31 am|
OMFG Burfday, etc.
I've never been so happy to see an age disappear. Fuck you, 22.
|Movin' Troubles||July 29, 2010, 9:07 pm|
So, I'm moving on Saturday. At least, I'm moving out... whether I have a place to move INTO, on the other hand, is still up in the air. Here's the rundown:
My 2 roommates have both moved out, and all I'm left with is my comp, turntable/speakers, CD player (via PS2), and a bunch of packed shit... I've spent about 90% of the week on the internet. That's not the good times, though.
What's really making my week stressful + boring is that, after a month of searching, I found a person in need of a roommate via Craigslist. Set it up, turned in the application, good to go... Right? Well, turns out this girl is from Minnesota (I'm in Missouri), and she's absolutely disappeared off the face of the Earth. So now I'm in dire need of a roommate, or else the rent/deposit goes up $150 each, which I can't afford, and as such, won't get the townhouse. Shit.
Well, yesterday, the other guy (Jake) found somebody who was looking for a place in Columbia, and offered him. This guy (Wes) gets the application, fills it out, aaaaannnnnd.... never faxed it. He's not local either. So now, I have to hope that he faxes the damn thing tomorrow and gets approved so we can sign the lease and move on Saturday. If not, then I'm pretty much fucked unless I can find someone to let me crash at their place for a couple of days while having at least $1000 worth of equipment sitting in my van (one guitar, amp, turntable, receiver, and 2 speakers). I only know one family that could squeeze me into their place, but I'd feel like a burden. Basically I'd be homeless and hope no one steals everything.
Basically, ever since May, this has been my life.
On a side note, I have some beer and I'm drinking it starting: now.
|Headin' to California||June 16, 2010, 11:47 pm|
Over the past couple of months, my hours at work have been dwindling. This isn't surprising to me, as it's a parking lot job for the college and hardly anyone lives here during the summer, but it's an entirely inconvenient time for that to happen. Now there's the odd fact that, in spite of several dozen phone calls and applications being turned in (near 30, by my count), no one seems willing to hire me in Columbia... Fuckers.
Oddly enough, the first place that called offering me an interview was a job I didn't even apply to... some company in California I've never even heard of. This entirely confused me, but I was intrigued regardless.
As it turns out, my parents turned in an application with my name on it. Normally, this sort of thing would annoy me, but seeing as we're all flat broke and I'm desperate for a job (my dog just had to get $4,000 surgery after being struck by a car, plus see: this blog), I began to sorta think, "Hell, maybe a change of scenery is just what I need."
So, as Walter would say, "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling." I'm taking the philosophy in stride. The span of time I'm going to stay there is... er, very broad. I could be there through the 4th, or the end of July. Hell, I dunno... maybe it's time to leave this sack of shit state behind me for good. The number of friends I have around here has progressively shrunk to 4, and it'll be down to 2 before long. There's pretty much nothing left for me here but school. I could probably finish that up somewhere in California.
TL:DR - Going to southern California. Maybe moving. It's the first time there's potential for big change in my life. I need a job. Blah blah blah.
These past couple of months have been bizarre for me to say the least. I'm knida drunk, so yeah, sorry if that all reads like ramblin'
|May 27th||May 28, 2010, 3:49 pm|
Normally I don't post personal stuff here, because shit, I'm sure you all have the same day-to-day BS going on that I do. Yesterday, however, seemed to be cursed for me and anyone I've been talking to for more than a year. Here's the rundown:
1) Woke up with a slight hangover to here the news that we apparently owe the landlord $400. Except instead of we, it turns into I owe the landlord that amount. Why? Well, that's the fun part. Apparently I was a day late on my January payment (which I was not informed of until that morning), and as such, they placed a $25 fee on our balance. Here's the kicker, though: for each day i didn't pay this fee, they charged me $3. So this fucking $25 charge ballooned into this bullshit.
2) As a result, I'm probably going to have sell me guitar and amp. Now, I haven't played the thing in a couple of years, and am admittedly not very talented, but it's something I enjoyed and was hoping to get back to in the long run. So that sucks.
3) My parents, who were going to send me $200 in support, realized that they didn't file the proper paperwork on time (my dad is a truckdriver, my mom rides with him), so they aren't getting any money for another week. So they're at risk of running out of money as well.
4) Later that day, my sister fell and dislocated 2 fingers. Now, that sucks, sure, but easy fix? Nope. First there's the $100 charge that her boyfriend didn't pay for whatever fucking reason, so there goes more of my parent's money. Now, on top of that, it turns out she's going to have to get fucking surgery, adding to the obnoxious BS that's already occurred.
5) My sister's roommate's cat died, and then at 7 o'clock, another cat was found under their house with a huge gash in its side. They take it to the vet, and it has to be put down as well.
6) My roommate blew a tire. Then her spare also flattened while she was driving and she ran off the road. The car took a little bit of damage, but nothing serious. Of course, all of this happened the day after she decided to sell her car because she needed the money to move to Washington DC.
7) My best friend and his girlfriend broke up. This one's a bit more comical and really predictable as they've broken up 3 or 4 times over the past 3 years. Still, I had to listen to him bitch over the phone for about an hour. That wasn't fun.
Lastly: I received payment from work, but I was short-changed 13 hours, which is $130 that I really really really need. Apparently they split the pay period on sunday, which just makes me want to bash my head into the wall.
tl;dr - May 27th? Yeah, fuck that day. I don't think it can get any worse than that. I just needed to vent somewhere.