Title : Predator & Prey (version 2)
for Theme Patch v1.7 by Werner Spahl
Filename : thprey2.wad
Authors : Doom II version:
Sparky of KISS Software firstname.lastname@example.org
Doom I version (thprey.wad):
Ian Merrithew email@example.com
Original level (illusory.wad):
Brett Librandi -
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Misc. Author Info : Electronics Engineer with a passion for Doom
Description : Just like Dutch (Arnold Schwartzenegger) in
the movie PREDATOR you're up against a
formidable, semi-invisible enemy. Also like
the movie, you've got a few of your buddies to
help, but they don't have your skills and soon
it will be just you against the Predators -
that's right, there's more than one this time!
But it gets worse .... there's also Aliens and
Terminators (from their respective movies:
Aliens and The Terminator) trying to stop you
from achieving your main goal - rescue the
"Predator & Prey 2" (thprey2.wad) is a Doom II
version of thprey.wad, designed to work with
Theme Patch v1.7 by Werner Spahl. This version
was not only converted, but many of the bugs
have been removed, and new graphics have been
added relevant to the Alien-Predator-Terminator
(A.P.T.) theme - see below for changes.
Required to run:
1. Theme Patch v1.7 (theme17.zip) which contains the A.P.T. resources
and DeHackEd patch. Theme17 is available at:
2. A Source Port which can import DeHackEd patches and wads containing
sprite graphics - such as ZDoom, MBF, PRboom, Boom, etc.
Notes: - THPREY2.WAD will not work with Legacy v1.28 due to a bug
with Legacy's m_doom Menu Logo.
- THPREY2.WAD tested okay with:
Preferred - ZDOOM v1.18b (the buggy monsters preventing
ZDoom from being used with other Theme17
levels have not been included in THPREY2.WAD)
Others - MBF v2.03 PRboom v2.02 Boom v2.02
How to use:
1. Unzip theme17.zip and thprey2.zip to your Doom2 directory
2. ZDoom, MBF, PRboom and Boom all use the same command line:
XXXX.exe -deh theme17 -file theme17 thprey2
3. From the Main Menu - select "PREY" then your skill setting.
* Play Information *
Game : DOOM II - requires a Source Port with support
for sprite graphics and DeHackEd patches.
ZDoom is the preferred Port as it is the only
one which shows my new HELP screen (it also has
high resolutions and a mouse-look feature).
Episode and Level # : MAP 01
Single Player : Yes - designed primarily for this.
Cooperative 2-4 Player: Yes (untested)
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Yes (untested)
Difficulty Settings : Yes
New Sounds : Yes - in theme17.wad
New Graphics : Yes
New Music : No
Demos Replaced : None
* Construction *
Base : thprey.wad (Doom I) by Ian Merrithew which was
based on illusory.wad by Brett Librandi.
Editor(s) used : NWT, WinDeu, WinTex, Paint Shop Pro
Known Bugs : GENERAL- The texture selection, lighting,
architecture, etc are not up to 1999
standards, but the game-play
LEGACY - THPREY2.WAD will not work at all with
Legacy v1.28 due to a bug with the
m_doom Menu Logo.
ZDOOM - Most Theme17 levels cannot be used
with ZDoom because of some weird bugs
with some of the monsters. THPREY2.WAD
does not have this problem as the
buggy monsters are not used.
- the Menu Logo is badly distorted if
the screen resolution ratio is not the
same as Doom's original 320x200
(for example, 640x400).
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional levels.
Provided you acknowledge the following contibutors:
Doom II version (thprey2.wad) : Sparky of KISS Software
Doom I version (thprey.wad) : Ian Merrithew
Original level (illusory.wad): Brett Librandi
Theme Patch v1.7 (theme17.zip) : Werner Spahl
You may distribute this file in any electronic format (BBS, Diskette,
CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact.
* Where to get this WAD *
NEW TO THIS VERSION:
Mods made by Sparky of KISS Software:
- converted the level THPREY.WAD to DOOM II and added a Super Shotgun
(there's also an extra SSG at the start on the lowest skill level).
- added the texture patches from the original Doom I version
for historical accuracy with the original version THPREY.WAD
(didn't change the sky as the dark Doom II sky looked MUCH better).
- created a "PREY" level-name graphic for MAP01
- used the same level name graphic for the "New Game" menu option.
- added a Title Screen showing a screen shot from "Predator & Prey 2"
- added a HELP screen with another screen shot from actual game play.
This screen also includes the Aliens, Predator and Terminator logos
used in the movies.
- added The Terminator menu bullets
- added a Menu Logo showing images of the Alien, the Terminator and
- additional changes made to the map (mostly just aesthetic changes):
- fixed some of the more obvious misaligned textures
- made all the underside of doors the same colour as the doors
(they used to be just the adjacent ceiling colour).
- made all the window sills the same colour as the walls (again,
they were just the adjacent floor and ceiling colours).
- fixed the colour-coded lights on either side of the keyed doors
(they used to go all the way to the roof of each building, but
now they are only up to the height of the door).
- made all the door tracks stationary instead of moving up and
down with the doors.
- fixed all the doors which scrolled instead of raised/lowered.
- fixed the door frames which caused the door textures to tile
- reduced the size of the porches on each door
- changed one of the door textures (secret area south of map) which
was originally a multi-patch texture which caused a HOM error.
- fixed some unusual light settings - above crates, in doorways etc
- modified the lighting in many areas to remove the extensive use
of 'fullbright' throughout the level.