===========================================================================Advanced engine needed : EDGE 1.24Primary purpose : Weapons replacement (no levels)===========================================================================
Title : Realguns
FIlename : Realguns.wad
Date Finished : April 20 2001
Author : Kaiser
Email Address : email@example.com
Home Page : www.anglefire.com/goth/morgoth/
Other Files By Author : P-38.wad, Camoskin.wad
Misc. Author Info : Someone who spends too much time playing Doom
Description : A weapons replacement for Doom2. Includes 9 new weapons. Only runs with EDGE Version 1.24
Additional Credits to : Espi for guns.wad. The sprites for the Colt Commando, Glock, Buckshot Shotgun and Machinegun were done by him. Thanks Espi. :) Also the EDGE team, because you need EDGE 1.24 to play it.
* What is included *New levels : NoneSounds : YesMusic : NoGraphics : YesDehacked/BEX Patch : NoDemos : NoOther : NoOther files required : EDGE v1.24
* Play Information *
Map # : N/A.
Episode and Level # : N/A.
Single Player : Oh yes!!!!
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Nope, Edge 1.24 doesn't support multiplayer.
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : See above.
Difficulty Settings : N/A.
New Sounds : Yes.
New Music : No.
New Graphics : Yes.
Demos Replaced : None.
* Construction *
Base : Took a few sprites, sounds and code from guns.wad by Espi. All the guns are from either Counter-Strike or Opposing Force.
Build Time : Ages. It isn't even finished yet.
Editor(s) used : Wintex and Windows Paintbrush.
Known Bugs : Some, but this is only really a beta. I will probably release a better version later on. The BFG is still there, despite being out of theme. This will be gone in the next release. Some of the shell casings that eject from the guns do wierd things, and the firing frame for the MP5 sucks. But don't let these petty things worry you. Everything else rocks.
May Not Run With... : Any Ports other than Edge 1.24
* Copyright / Permissions *
You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *The Usual: ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/ and mirrorsWeb sites: http://www.angelfire.com/goth/morgoth/
* The Guns *
Here is a little list of the guns you will be seeing in Realguns.wad
1) Knife - Just your standard commando knife. Nothing special. Don't use it unless you have no ammo, (replaces fist).
2) Glock - A pistol. This is the weapon you start with, (replaces pistol).
3) H&K MP5 - Nice little submachine gun. Way faster than the pistol, but is a bit underpowered. You will find it takes quite a few shots to take an enemy down, (replaces chainsaw).
4) Shotgun with Buckshot - Standard US Special Forces shotgun. Brilliant at close to medium range. Use it as much as you can, (replaces shotgun).
5) Shotgun with Slugs - A nice wood-trimmed shotgun. This baby chucks out a solid lump of lead which takes down a Demon in one shot. Uses 2 cartridges, but sometimes the slug goes right through an enemy and into the poor bastard behind. A beautiful weapon, (replaces Beserk Pack).
6) AK47 - Assault rifle. Reasonably accurate, and perfect for taking down imps and zombies, (replaces chaingun).
7) Colt Commando - Assault rifle. Less accurate than the AK, but slightly faster, (replaces supershotgun)
8) FNG Machine Gun - This baby is the heavy artillery. If you want to take down something big, this is the gun to use. Not exactly accurate, but very powerful. Knocks down things like Mancubuses and Revenants with no trouble at all. So powerful that if you use it on zombies it's a waste of ammo, (replaces plasma rifle).
9) Sniper Rifle - No weapons mod is complete without one. Rips the smaller guys apart, but reload is a bit slow, so rushing into a room full of Arachnotrons with it isn't a good idea. But it is silent, (replaces rocket launcher).
10) BFG) - Er...I kinda didn't get around to replacing this...
I am well aware that some of these weapons are not perfectly accurate representations of the real thing. This has been done on purpose to keep a nice weapon balance, so no I am not entirely stupid. I also decided against doing reloads for each gun. I am not a big fan of Doom weapons needing to be reloaded. It takes away the fast and furious feel of Doom, and in playing mods with that feature, I get really pissed of when your gun starts to reload halfway through a big melee.