Title : Doomolition
Filename : Doomoltn.wad
Author : Kaiser
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Files By Author : P-38.wad, Camoskin.wad and Realguns.wad
Description : A weapons modification for EDGE 1.24.
I released this wad ages ago, under the name realguns.wad.
Since then, I have altered some of the guns, gotten rid of
some, and added new ones. Essentially it is 11 weapons taken
from Half-Life: Opposing Force and Counterstrike put into Doom.
There are a few new sprites and sounds for other things too.
Source Ports Required : EDGE version 1.24
* Play Information *
Game : DoomII
Single Player : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Not until EDGE 1.25 comes out, and I will have to
fully redo the DDFs to support it.
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Likewise.
Difficulty Settings : No
New Sounds : Hell yes
New Graphics : Yeah baby
New Music : EDGE 1.25 doesn't have music. If I make another version for 1.25
I might put in some heavy metal/grunge tunes.
Demos Replaced : none
* Construction *
Base : Realguns.wad by me.
Build Time : Too damn long.
Editor(s) used : Wintext, Windows Paintbrush, Windows Sound Recorder
and Paintshop Pro.
Known Bugs : Um...since all the weapons use bullets, there is no actual way
to kill the John Romero doll at the end unless you cheat...
Apart from that there is nothing that will severely hamper your
Thanks to : Id Software for Doom, Valve for Halflife, Gearbox Software
for Opposing Force, Espi for guns.wad, who ever made the Halflife
HD patch, and who ever made Counterstrike. Also thanks to the EDGE
team for making such a kick-ass source port, and the Covert Ops team.
I believe I used their Sniper Rifle sprite (just the weapon on the
* Copyright / Permissions *
Take what you want out of this wad, but please credit me. Also be sure to credit Espi if you
use weapons 1, 2, 5, 8 and 9 on the following list.
You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *
The Usual: ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/
* The Weapons *
1. The knife - replaces the fist. Silent, but crap. It's only there because you need
something which doesn't use ammo.
2. The pistol - just a glock. Nothin' fancy.
3. The silenced pistol - not just a glock. This one has a silencer. It is slightly weaker,
and not exceedingly accurate, but enemies don't hear it. Replaces the invisibility powerup.
4. The MP5 - standard issue submachinegun. Accurate, but not all that powerful. Replaces chainsaw.
5. The shotgun - fires a cluster of lead pellets. The spray is round as opposed to flat (as
in the original Doom shotgun). Replaces shotgun (funnily enough).
6. The slug gun - fires a solid lead slug. Uses two shotgun shells. When shootin' up the weaker
enemies, the slug will often travel through two or more guys. Quite powerful. Replaces
7. The AK47 - standard terrorist gun. Reasonably accurate. Replaces chaingun.
8. The M4 Carbine - small version of the M16; Americas answer to the AK47. Replaces super shotgun.
9. The Machinegun - this is the baby you use when dealing with the tough guys. Fast, accurate,
and powerful. What more could you ask for? Replaces plasma gun.
10. The sniper rifle - a rifle snipers use. Silent, powerful, but kinda slow. A useful gun
to have in your arsenal. Replaces rocket launcher.
11. The Desert Eagle - this is what every Doom Marine wants for Christmas. This baby rips through
demons like a chainsaw through rotting meat. I know it uses the same ammo as the sniper rifle
which is horribly unrealistic, but there aren't enough ammo types in Doom, so just ignore that.
Replaces the BFG.
* Note *
Any feedback, comments, tips etc are welcome. Feel free to email me. If you like this wad, and would like to see it updated in the future with possible bugs ironed out or more guns added, then let me know. I was kinda in a hurry just to get the damn wad released, so a couple of sprites
aren't perfect, and some of the guns I wanted to put in never made it in. If you want more
versions, email me.