D O O M B O T v5.1
Original Programming by: Sergey Makovkin
New features by: Vincent Ho
Original game & sources by: Id Software.
mail to: email@example.com
The DoomBot is based on ZDoom 1.22
Pentium 133+, 16 MB RAM
To use DoomBot, unzip dbot51.zip into an empty directory. Copy an iwad into
this directory. (You must already have a copy of a version of Doom to use DoomBot
I. CONSOLE COMMAND
* DEATHMATCH <0-4>
0 - Normal Single Player
1 - Original Deathmatch
2 - Capture The Flag
3 - InstGib
4 - Rocket Arena
* SURVIVAL <0|1>
If it is 1 then you'll lose a frag when killed
* CTF_FLAGTIME <#>
Change how long before a flag will return to its base in a CTF game
* CTF_SCORE <#>
Change how many points you get after a TouchDown in a CTF game
Add a bot
Remove all bots
* BOT_ADDNODE <special 1> <special 2>
Add a node in current position
specials are actions which a bot will do when it reaches that node
<special 1> <special 2>
0 - Normal How long the bot will wait at a WAIT node
2 - Move Slower Value can be 0 - 999
3 - Next Node is Stop
4 - Use Node
5 - Wait
* BOT_LOADNODES <filename>.nod
Load a nodebase from the NODES directory in your DoomBot folder
* BOT_SAVENODES <filename>.nod
Save a nodebase in the NODES directory in your DoomBot folder
Specify the team of the next set of bots
* BOT_SKIN <skin number>
Specify the skin of the next set of bots
* BOT_COLOR <0-10>
Specify the color of the next set of bots
Make all visible bots in your team stop
Make all visible bots in your team free
II. DEATHMATCH MODES
This mode gives you only fist and a railgun which both are one hit kill
The map will have nothing but plasma cells (if exist)
You can use the commandline ZDOOMBOT.EXE -INSTGIB
Type DEATHMATCH 3 to start a InstGib game
* Rocket Arena
This mode gives you everything at the beginning but the map will have
nothing but your enemy
You can use the commandline ZDOOMBOT.EXE -ROCKETARENA
Type DEATHMATCH 4 to start a Rocket Arena game
To create a teamplay game type in the console:
teamplay 1 - set teamplay mode
team doomers - you belong to "doomers" team now
color "bf 00 00" - your color is red
botteam doomers \
botcolor 6 - spawn a bot (color - red(bf 00 00), team - "doomers")
botteam quakers \
botclor 7 - spawn two bots (color - blue(00 00 ff), team - "quakers")
IV. Capture The Flag
This mode needs two teams, one red and one blue. Each team must capture the
opposite team's flag and return it to their own. If you flag is taken you must
fight it back and touch it to return it to your base.
You can use the commandline ZDOOMBOT.EXE -CTF
Type DEATHMATCH 2 to start a CTF game
* CREATING MAPS
To create map just remember the following:
The RED team will spawn at NORMAL DEATHMATCH SPOTS
The BLUE team will spawn at DEAF DEATHMATCH SPOTS
RED FLAG is the RED KEY
BLUE FLAG is the BLUE KEY
DoomBot 5.1 / 31-Aug-2001
- DoomBot v5.1 is based on ZDoom v1.22!
- Customizable flag return time and ctf touchdown score
- Some bots DeHackEd support (max ammo, max health, etc...)
- New deathmatch modes
- Able to create/save/load nodes from console
- Skins support
- Minor bugs fixed
DoomBot 5.0 by Vincent Ho
- Bots can fight monsters
- Bots can now use fists
- now you must return the flag first to score in CTF
- more console commands
- Support railgun
- Damaging floors effect Bots
DoomBot 4.0 (The final DoomBot) / 19-Feb-2000
- DoomBot v4.0 is based on ZDoom v1.18a!
- CTF! New doombot includes two ctf maps.
- I've improved the node system and I've added nodes for MAP16 (doom2.wad)
and MAP01 (tntgrvnc.wad).
- It's possible to play Doombot over the internet.
DoomBot 3.0 / 30-Aug-1999
- The new node system!
I've included node tables for tntgrvnc.wad MAP18, gothic2.wad MAP11,
yardz.wad and MAP16 of the doom2.wad.
You can still play using the old node system of course...
- Bots can open Doors and activate switches.
- DoomBot 3.0 supports three deathmatch modes: deathmatch 1,2 and 3 :)
- You can add bots in regular deathmatch by starting the DoomBot with
"-addbot x" parameter, where x is a number of bots.
- CTF doesn't work... I'll fix it in the next version and I'll add new
DoomBot 2.4 / 24-Apr-1999
- Bots use nodes.
You should set up nodes within a map before playing
(only map01 has nodes already). Bots can still play on maps without
nodes but they will be very stupid...
- The bot predict the player movements when fire a PlasmaGun.
- The bot is more talkative in deathmatch.
- Bots avoid rockets.
- Movements of the bot are more realistic in the version 2.4
To play co-op run "botcoop.bat". But this mode of the game isn't
finished yet :( Bots will not follow you... You can try to play on
different maps changing "-warp" parameter in bootcoop.bat.
DoomBot 2.3 / 10-Jan-1999
- Bots use nodes to find flags.
- To add a bot in RED or BLUE team you can write in console "addredbot"
- Bots pick up health, armor and megasphere!
- In v2.3 you can change the skill of the bots using console
command "botskill X".
- New movement code. Bots can shoot at you while they are moveing to a
- Bots can jump.
- If you kill a bot or a bot kills another bot a messages like this appear:
"Frag-god was gibbed by Fly's rocket"
- Bots will not go in hellslime.
- I fixed all problems with bot's frames.
- Plasma shots from bots will hurt other bots.
- A bot will telefrag the player if he spawns at the same place as
- I've fixed some bugs.
- I put dbot.wad in the v2.21. I forgot to put it in v2.2 ;-) Try to play
on map07 now.
- Bots predict the player movement. They shoot really better from
the Rocket Launcher now!
- The bot doesn't get frag if he kills himself.
- Bots can pick up weapons.
- They can use all weapons. And they use BFG9K :-)
- You can see bots' frags by pressing F key.
- You can record LMP.
- The DoomBot v2.1 is based on Doom Legacy!
- Bots aren't afraid to jump off of ledges.
- Fixed the problem with shooting frames. Bots look at you when they shoot.
- Bots will kill each other.
- They can speak now :-)
- A bot can walk in any direction.
Some bugs were fixed.
- DoomBot works under DOS.
- Bot doesn't change his skin's color when he dies and respawns.
- New AI! Bots don't use monsters' AI now.
- You can add bot by pressing "b" button.
- Bots can strafe left/right.
- Bots can use only ChainGun, PlasmaGun and Rocket Launcher :-(
- FRAGcounter works now.
- Bots respawn on DMstarts.
- SVGA modes are available.
- You can play with sound now!
- Bots can use plasmagun.
- Improved bots AI.
- You can use CapsLock to always run.
- You can use setup.exe to choose keys.
DoomBot beta v0.2.
- Bots can use Super Shotgun, ChainGun, Rocket Launcher and BFG!
- Improved bots' (monsters') AI.
- Low (High) detail was removed from Options.