Title : Guns PC v1.261
Filename : gunspc.wad
Release date : 15.11.2001
Author : Espi
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Files By Author : See http://newdoom.com/hosted/espi/
Misc. Author Info : Finnish doom freak.
Description : This wad is for EDGE (http://edge.sourceforge.net/) It enhances
and changes all doom weapons and some items. It works fine with
original Doom levels, so it has no new maps. I'm making a level
designed for this tho. You can also make your own maps, see the
extra.txt for all the new items you can put in your map.
* Weapons *
1 - Fists
2 - Pistol - 10mm ammo
The pistol is not automatic.
2 - SMG - 10mm ammo
A sub-machine gun. Secondary fire is faster.
3 - Shotgun
Secondary "fire" is a flashlight.
3 - Sawed-off shotgun - shells
The sawed-off has a very wide spread.
4 - Weapons in slot four are not available in regular games. (unless you cheat!)
5 - Machinegun - 5.56mm ammo
A good balance between fire rate/damage/accuracy.
6 - Flamethrower - cells
Does damage fast, but uses lots of ammo, and is dangerous to use.
6 - Plasma gun - cells
Does less damage over range. Secondary fire is a fast
burst of 5 shots, but takes longer to refire.
7 - BFG - cells
Primary fire is a powerful shot, secondary
fire destroys everything in front of you, but
from a short range.
0 - Hand grenade
You get 2 grenades from a backpack.
Additional Credits to : Andrew Apted and Marc A. Pullen.
Authors of the models and other resources I used. List of
sources is included.
* What is included *
New levels : None
Sounds : Yes
Music : No
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : No, it's a DDF patch.
Demos : No
Other : No
Other files required : EDGE 1.27
* Play Information *
Game : Any IWAD
Map # : Any map you like
Single Player : -
Cooperative 2-4 Player : -
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : -
Other game styles : -
Difficulty Settings : -
* Construction *
Base : See sources.txt.
Build Time : Being editing this more or less since summer 2000.
Editor(s) used : WinTEX, PSP, GoldWave, XWE.
Known Bugs : None.
May Not Run With... : Anything else but EDGE 1.27. Might be slow on low end
machines. Works fine with my PC, which is a PIII 800Mhz,
256 megs of RAM and a Voodoo 3.
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may use the contents of this file as a base for modification or reuse as
long as I'm credited, and the original source (see sources.txt).
If you distribute this file, you must keep all files intact, with no modifications.
* Version history *
- Updated to use some new EDGE 1.27 features.
- Three new things: smoke, spark and fire spawners.
- Sniper rifle now has fast automatic secondary fire, primary fire is an
accurate single shot.
- New arch-vile fire.
- Shot attack height changed.
- Bullet puffs changed.
- Grenades do not explode on contact anymore.
- You can set the wolfenstein guy, shotgun guy and rifle guy on fire with
the flamethrower. This was in v1.26 too, but looks better now.
- Some little tweaking of things I can't remember.
- Added another pistol, a scoped rifle, grenades (Rick Clark's
idea) and 3 new armors.
- New graphics for the flamethrower, also code improved.
- Better plasmagun graphics, secondary fire.
- Knife replaced with fists, to get the berserk back to use. :)
- New blood sprites, since GLEDGE won't support palette changes.
that's why the previous blood sprites were green in GL.
- New muzzleflashes for most weapons. Also worked around a bug in GLEDGE
that had the muzzleflashes displaced.
- The rifle is back.
- Pistols are not automatic, but work like in CS.
- Some sounds are improved.
- Baron of hell fireball now has green dyn. light instead of red.
- Removed shadows from some objects.
- New bullet and pellet puffs.
- Better explosions.
- Some "particle" smoke and fire effects.
- Weapon slots rearranged.
- Some little tweaking here and there, can't remember everything.
- Oops... forgot to add the sources.txt in the previous zip. :(
- Many little sprite align fixes, should've fixed a long time ago...
- Revenant missiles no longer make terrible noise.
- Arachnotron plasma had blue dyn. light. Now it's greenish yellow.
- Barons and hell knights have green blood now (bug in EDGE 1.26 has ALL
the blood green in GL mode).
- Wolfenstein guy doesn't sound like shooting a chaingun anymore.
- To make sure these are the last damn bug fixes, I actually played most of
the game through to make sure it works. :)
- Dynamic lights added.
- Shotgun now has a flashlight as secondary fire. Needs dynamic lights ON to work.
- Some language file problems fixed.
- Chaingunners don't drop a SMG anymore.
- Carrying limits without a backpack fixed.
- The first release for EDGE 1.25 and higher.
- A re-write of most of the DDF scripts.
- New graphics for the pistol, status bar and plasma gun.
- Added flamethrower, sawed-off shotgun and minigun.
- Changed rifle to SMG.
- Some graphics are improved.
- Sound improvements.
- Totally re-done game balance.
- Probably lots of things I can't remember
- Tweaked game balance.
- Squished a bunch of nasty bugs.
- Removed some unneccessary graphics and things.
- The very first release. It didn't have a name back then, so it was just guns.wad.
I don't think I'll ever come up with a better name tho. :)