Filename :4way.WAD date: (3/13/98) Brandon, FL
Author : Guy
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org (primary)
Misc. Author Info : helluvafinefellow
Description : Big level, I tried to get the feel of many different levels
in one. Each of the 4 "ways" is like a separate level.
Additional Credits to : God and country
* Play Information *
Episode and Level # : MAP01 (Doom II)
Single Player : Yes, probably best application (skill 1/2,3,4/5)
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Yes (ditto)
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : The starts are there, I don't know how great it is for DM
Recomended # of players (deathmatch) : 4
Difficulty Settings : Yes, A lot of variety and thought given to settings.
Best if played at HurtMe at least (don't be a wimp)
New Sounds : No
New Graphics : No
New Music : No
Demos Replaced : None
Monster types : Monsters (and weapons to kill them) are encountered with increasing difficulty.
All monsters are included somewhere in this level.
Base : New level from scratch
Editor(s) used : Editor: WinDEU32 (version 5.24)
Nodes: DeepBSP 3.1a
Reject: RMB 2.3
Construction time : Many sleepless nights, many days skipping work
Known Bugs : Maybe some HOM here and there caused by weird angles, especially in
revenant lake room. I tried to fix them all but may have missed some
that only show up at certain angles. Please forgive.
Additional Description : Plenty of secret rooms,tricks and traps, but I tried to make sure there
were no "dead-ends" or anything secret that would prevent you from getting
through the level if you don't find them, but they sure help. All the
weapons, keys and neccesary switches are guarded by increasingly deadly
monsters. I tried to give the different areas of the level their own
distinct atmosphere, through use of lighting and decor, while trying to
be consistant. Special care was giveto lining up textures and avoiding
"cut-off" wallpaper. Extensive use of x and y offsets.
Hints and Secrets: Don't read any further if you don't want to spoil the secrets, but here are
1. In the first room there are some major bonuses, and I'm not talking about a shotgun and a
box of shells.
2. The chaingun nests are all easily accessable and the westernmost one has a switch. Next switch
is in the yard, then on to the spider island. Even if you fall into the water you can get back
3. Watch tripwires in long gallery. Best bet is to hole up in an octagon and pick off skulkers.
4. Shortcut transporter behind Vile-house. Hidden transporter is risky, use only if strong of heart
5. Watch out for window that goes through entire level, especially when entering blue door.
6. Revenant lake room: Crush them all by using the transporters in each lake. Figure out the correct
order yourself. Shortcuts to other areas abound in this room, but you can miss stuff if you go
the wrong route.
7. Satanic mass room: Cross shows up on Auto-map at beginning. The Cyber-demons seem scary, but
used properly, they can wipe out all the opposition and then be easily disposed of.
8. Nukeage tunnels: Somewhere in the maze is the BigFukkenGun9000
9. Mancubus guards switch to spider room (firemagic door)
10. Spider room: switches raise stairs, lower walls, open doors with bonuses. Watch out!
11. Best to take transport shortcut from spider room to yellow door in blue area. Many bonuses
if you take the correct one.
12. Pyramid is covered with trip wires. Wipe out enemies a level at a time. Baron room has transport
to upper room, jump at the right angle and you can get some nice bonuses from elevated
13. Nazi room: Nearest bunkers contain ammo and health, but all hell will soon break loose!
I play it aggresively. Some SS are deaf and will lurk if you don't draw them out.
14. Last room: One way to kill boss is jump into the room with your biggest gun and face him down.
There is a bonus to help you if you hit it right. If not, Auf Wiedersehen!
15. That should be enough. If not, go back to the original Doom levels! I suggest "Too young to die"
Please, email me with your comments if you like this wad. Also,
please send me your best demos of this level!
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY this level as a base to build additional levels. (how the hell can I stop you?)
You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
You may do whatever you want with this file. Like anybody really reads this stuff.
Where to get this WAD: If you're reading this, you got it.