Title : Zorf
Filename : ZORF1-5.WAD
Doom version : DOOM I
Author : Ron Olsen
Email Address : email@example.com
Misc. Author Info : Programmer, Bad ice hockey player
Description : Constant action DEATHMATCH 2.0 levels.
These are the first 6 in a series of Doom Deathmatch levels. Each of
the levels has a different theme, and I tried to build them with individual
consistancy in mind. All of them are designed for high action.
Zorf 1 - The Clover
- Very open clover shaped area designed for lots of running and
chasing, and lots of offense. The intention was to eliminate
ambush and safe spots, and keep the game moving at a fast pace.
- All the goodies are very easy to get but not without risk. You'll
want to take the elevators to the upper tunnels, but be careful,
your location will obvious.
- Look up to find the exit.
Zorf 2 - The Maze
- This level is really 2 in one. In the normal state, it's mazelike
and your enemy may be just around the corner. Hit the switches
in the ooze, and some of the walls drop to dramatically change the
layout. If more than one of you is in the center room, usually only
one gets out alive!
- This is the only DM level I have seen where you can alter the layout
while playing. Just find one of 4 switches in the ooze and see how
- The exit is not on the map and can only be found with the walls dropped.
Zorf 3 - The Bridge
- There are two main battle areas separated by a narrow bridge.
You better be able to jump or you won't get any of the goodies...but
be careful, the walls seem to be alive!
- You won't find any lifts, doors or obstructions of any type. You
won't find many corners you can hide scared in either.
- Lean on the walls in the deepest part of the basement to find the secret
area and the way to the exit. A huge reward awaits the first one to find
the super secret area and the secret exit. (think big jump) Neither exit
is on the map.
Zorf 9 - Rising Posts
- Nothing tricky here! Whoever is the best shot will live, the others
will die. It takes patience and a little luck to pick up items.
- Wimps don't play this because there is absolutely no where to hide.
- The exit is not on the map but if you grab the rad suit, you can decend
there with no problem.
Zorf 4 - The Sewer
- Here you will often be fighting your enemy across a sewer of ooze.
You can travel around through narrow tunnels, or jump in the ooze for
quick access to anywhere on the level.
- Seeing your weakened opponent frantically run away in a pool of ooze is
almost worth a frag itself.
- Weapons are obvious, but getting them is risky. Letting your
opponent get the weapons is even riskier...for you!
- The exit is in a very dark ambush area, but you may not find it if the
secret door hasn't been opened. Oh, and it's not on the map.
Zorf 5 - Slaughter Circle
- This is an open level with a lot of access to weapons and health. There
is lots of running and chasing, and there will be many frags.
- Around the perimeter, there are 6 mini-fortresses. Each of these has
some kind of goodie, and offer a place to duck behind. Be careful
because you may get trapped by your oppenent with little chance of
- If you need extra health, try taking the center stairway up towards the
sky. If you fall between the stairs, you may get a surprise bonus.
- To get to the exit, go up as high as you can, then jump...the exit may
Additional Credits to : Little Gary Hintermeier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Feedback is welcome and encouraged!
* Play Information *
Episode and Level # : E1M1, E1M2, E1M3, E1M9, E1M4, E1M5
Single Player : Sure, but not designed for it.
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Yes!
Difficulty Settings : No
New Sounds : No
New Graphics : No
New Music : No
Demos Replaced : None
* Construction *
Base : New levels from scratch
Editor(s) used : DEU 5.21 and IDBSP
Build Time : 5-10 hours for each level
Known Bugs : Minor Texture alignment (M1)
Minor HOM - barely noticeable (M5)
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may use these levels as a base to build additional levels.
You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
* Where to get this WAD *
zorf1-5.zip - WAD and text files
zorf1-5.txt - this file