Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • NOTE: There is a known issue with the most recent entries having screwed-up information and links. Some databases are out of sync and we haven't been able to fix it yet.

The Portal to Hell

   (8 reviews)
Sign in to follow this  

Guest

About This File

This is my first level for Doom2 and I think it came out pretty good. You are stuck inside a marble fortress and you must clean it out and escape. Once you find the Portal to Hell, you are in for a massive fight. Good luck!. This is quite a large level with over 400 monsters on UV so be very careful.


User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest

Unknown date

  
The first room is good and then it turns into something you'd find in mock2 or a typical jokewad. Waste of time, don't bother 0/5 - Cutman

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
I downloaded this wad and I fought out the enemies in the first room. All of a sudden as I walked up to the door I was suddenly teleported into some very odd area terribly textured, and there was a hallway with hundreds of SS Nazis, Barrels and a few Cybers. The exit room wasn't far away. I'll give it 2 stars out of 5 because 65% of the map is crap and the other 35% is not. -PC

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
JbAtTrAcTiOn

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
4 cybers in a small room, you have nearly no ammo and it is very very dark - totally unfair 0/5

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
Quoting from the .txt: "This is my first level for Doom2 and I think it came out pretty good". No, it didn't. 0/5

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
Hahahah, it was funny!. It kinda tricked me, I thought the map was good and all of a sudden was teleported into a crap area. I give it a 5/5

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
It's a novelty joke wad. The file size gives it away. The first room is conventional, and has some key doors (to make you think that the level is normal), but then you teleport into a poorly-designed room which has a long corridor containing 380-ish monsters that you kill with barrels. Then you fight four cyberdemons. In theory you have enough ammo to kill them all - especially if you dodge past them, and get the BFG at the end - but that's not the joke.

Share this review


Link to review
Guest

Unknown date

  
Heh, a potential jokewad. It really did look promising until I read the review. But it was so unexpected it made me laugh. 2/5 -Moti

Share this review


Link to review
  • File Reviews

    • By Doomkid · Posted
      Classic funny little skin, still used in servers to this day so I think it deserves some love.   I like that the voice clip says “WHERE ARE A MY PANTS?”
    • By Chipchase · Posted
      More an exercise in 3-d artwork than a game. Just someone's bedroom with a HK in a tiny lobby outside the door, and a Caco in a tiny yard outside the window. A BFG and Invisibilty Sphere are also in the yard but you can't get out there. I think the name is a clue - maybe this was the start of a bigger level, then abandoned. He ought to have allowed it as a base for development.
    • By Chipchase · Posted
      Starts with all monsters with their backs to you, and you might as well leave it that way and just listen to the music. One big rectangular room with no finish switch. They couldn't even make the rectangle properly - freehand I guess. Kill the monsters if you want, it's easy.    
    • By Chipchase · Posted
      Superb firework display of thousands of fireballs seeming in slow motion because of the vastness - mostly avoidable as they land where you were ages ago; but worth playing just to see it. A HUGE square surrounded by tiers with hundreds of imps and a few others, plus a blockhouse you can enter first to collect ammo.  Fighting through the hundreds of monsters when you get onto the tiers is another matter, overwhelming at UV. I cheated to finish so at least I could review.  Some HOM bugs.
    • By CountArchvile · Posted
      Terrence For fucks sake...
×