Archive Maintainer : please replace the currently-archived copy of this modification with this new one
Update to : rsldiazp.zip in /combos subdirectory, this is RELEASE #9!
Advanced engine needed : GZDOOM 1.6.0 (OpenGL renderer)
Primary purpose : Single play
Title : RSL's Agent Diaz Patch
Filename : rsldiazp.pk3 (includes original base, as per idgames://14677/)
Release date : August 22, 2016
Author : Richard Smith Long
Email Address : [redacted]
Other Files By Author : rslproto.zip, rslvenge.zip, rslrebel.zip,
Misc. Author Info : AKA "Dick S. Long"
Description : "Agent Diaz" is surely a very appreciated modification, and for good reason.
))))))))))) However, ever since tasting its updated version (wwhcdiaz.zip) for the first time
I felt Olivia's arsenal - despite the excellent additions - was becoming a bit
overcomplicated, thus losing its special purity (*) and consistency.
This addon of mine tries to fix the little inaccuracies of the original version,
by integrating at the same time a set of modern features and balance fixes.
This should revamp it for single player, also with its modernized sequel(s) around.
(*) play on words ABSOLUTELY intended!
February 25, 2011: initial release.
March 7, 2011: release #2.
- fixed auto-selection of weapon upon Combat Boost pickup.
- added terrain effects.
- enabled custom HUD for proper ammunition display.
- added dynamic lights definitions.
September 15, 2011: release #3.
- added HUD smooth interpolation.
- brought on par with other modifications of mine
for several small upgraded details.
May 1, 2012: release #3+.
- improved fast vertical lowering of weapons.
- fixed grenades deselection when no ammo is left.
- added custom teleportation effect.
- added improved gore system from "Return Of The Triad".
June 17, 2012: release #5.
- fixed Arc Welder AltFire behaviour.
- improved Welder Mass effectiveness.
September 20, 2012: release #5+.
- added A. Gamma's modern fullscreen HUD.
- fixed standard HUD coloured frame in multiplayer mode.
- fixed/rebalanced Arc Welder AltFire, again!
- rebalanced Arc Welder ammo capacity.
- rebalanced former humans ammo drops.
- added nazi replacement enemies for former humans.
- added boss/companion replacement actors:
- Hitler Fanatic (replaces Arachnotron),
- Hitler Reincarnation (replaces Spider Mastermind),
- CyberKnight (replaces Baron Of Hell),
- CyberLord (replaces Cyberdemon).
January 25, 2013: release #7.
- altered custom M_DOOM logo.
- re-paletted mugshot graphics.
- fixed corresponding SBARINFO definition.
July 07, 2013: release #7+.
- added custom ram puff and boss blood definition.
- added custom menu cursor.
- fixed behaviour of particle actors on moving flats (MOVEWITHSECTOR).
- improved appearance of still actors whenever applicable (FORCEXYBILLBOARD).
- fixed health bar bug in fullscreen HUD.
- added two extra classes/HUDs:
- Lieutenant Andre' Lucullo,
- Marshal Gabrielle 'Coco' Dee.
February 28, 2014: release #8.
- fixed character sound bug when using Martial Arts
(now definition is flexible, and triggers the correct
- augmented Coco Dee helmet HUD ammo counters.
- fixed Ten. Lucullo Andre' and Coco Dee helmet HUD appearance.
August 22, 2016: release #9.
- incorporated base modification from the original author, in order
to render the addon independent from further alterations
of the starting package. The original files are included _unaltered_
in the final .PK3 archive; no credit infringement is intended.
- marked unsupported video modes in the appropriate (G)ZDOOM menu.
- raise/lower asymmetrical animations for all weapons.
- recoil for all applicable weapons (yeah, I know that not everybody likes it... Oh, well).
- increased power for RPD, grenades, RPG-7 rockets (for better balance).
- new alternate fire for Arc Welder (improved handling of overcrowded areas).
- Player sprite replacement.
- ChaingunGuy sprite replacement.
- augmented custom blood/gore system inherited from Psyren/DoorHenge's ZBlood, ShizzMaster's and El Zee's.
- improved boss monsters (Cyberdemon, SpiderMastermind).
- shard-spreading barrel.
- a custom color palette to highlight blue and energy tones (i.e. Arc Welder).
- new custom fonts.
- a dedicated M_DOOM logo.
- ZDOOM-allowed terrain effects.
- a SBARINFO lump for the custom HUD, with a fullscreen version from A. Gamma.
An altered, shiny mugshot, too.
- two additional classes with balance adjustments, and their own badass HUD.
- dynamic light definitions.
- a custom teleportation effect.
LATELY (can be reverted by editing the WAD, see lump ~NAZIS!~):
- nazi enemies, variously equipped and with different combat features.
- new entries for Arachnotrons and SpiderMasterminds, BaronsOfHell and Cyberdemons
(spoiler in changelog).
(1) The suggested commandline for launching the modification is the following one
(assumes that the modification has been decompressed in subdirectory 'RSL'
of your (G)ZDOOM directory):
(g)zdoom.exe -iwad <IWAD_PATH>\<IWAD_FILE> -file <CUSTOM_LEVEL_PATHNAME> RSL\rsldiazp.pk3
Additional Credits to : Various sources for resources and/or inspiration (see below):
WildWeasel for the "Agent Diaz" series,
Player and ChaingunGuy sprite replacements,
Vaecrius for his famous recoil/muzzle climb script
Psyren/DoorHenge for the ZBlood custom blood system
ShizzMaster for the custom 'bloodpool' gore effect
Rex Claussen for "Darkest Hour"'s custom palette
Monolith and Tormentor667 for the custom font
Corwin and Enjay for the terrain special effects
Raven Software for the custom teleportation effect
Apogee Software and El Zee for the added "Ludicrous Gibs" gore effects
WildWeasel for his nazi enemies (see ww-nazis for detailed credits)
UnTrustable for A. Hitler sprites and coding base (with rotations!)
Ben2k9 for the CyberKnight
BatAndy for the custom ram puff
Alando for the custom boss blood definition
Turbo for the custom menu cursor
Mike12, DoomNukem and WildWeasel for the helmet-style HUDs
A. Gamma for the modern fullscreen HUD.
All other authors I forgot to mention: please forgive me! I tried to be accurate as much as I could.
If you here notice some of your resources un-mentioned, please notify me and I will try to remedy.
* What is included *
New levels : None
Sounds : Yes
Music : No
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : Yes
Demos : No
Other : (G)ZDOOM-specific lumps
Other files required : ww-diaz.zip
(original version of "Diaz: The Last Hours of Purity")
*** NO MORE AS OF RELEASE #9! (included) ***
* Play Information *
Game : DOOM
Map # : None
Single Player : Designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Maybe (untested)
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Maybe (untested)
Other game styles : None
Difficulty Settings : N/A
* Construction *
Base : New from scratch
Build Time : 2 weeks total
Editor(s) used : Adobe Photoshop, GoldWave Audio Editor, Notepad, XWE
Known Bugs : Widescreen modes are not supported. Sorry.
May Not Run With... : Ports not supporting DECORATE; level WADs with heavy amounts of DEHACKED / DECORATE modifications
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY use the contents of this file as a base for modification or
reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original authors for any of
their resources modified or included in this file.
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with no
modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic format (BBS,
Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact. I have
received permission from the original authors of any modified or included
content in this file to allow further distribution.
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *
The Usual: ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/ and mirrors
Web sites: None others than the IDGames archive
FTP sites: None others than the IDGames archive