Engine(s) needed : Any Boom-compatible. Zdoom accommodations added.
Title : You Dig v1.7
Filename(s) : youdig.wad
Release date : July 25, 2014
Author : Tuxlar
Email Address : email@example.com
Description : This is a map with a very unusual twist on the
doom experience. No spoilers here, other than
the name. You've just gotta see it for yourself! ;)
If you find any bugs, or record any demos, feel
free to send them over.
Warning: Skill 4 is not recommended for first time
players! Consider it a challenge mode of sorts.
Additional thanks to: Marcaek, Dew, Jimmy_, Clonedpickle, Jmickle,
Ribbiks, BlueFeena, and Officer_D for testing and
feedback. Also thanks to the folk in #doomtwid for
letting me bug them for assorted troubleshooting help.
Discussion thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=1281731
* What is included *
New levels : 1
Sounds : Yes
Music : Yes
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : No
Demos : No
Other : Zdoom ZMAPINFO data, for better compatibility
* Play Information *
Game : DooM 2
Map # : Map01
Single Player : Designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Sure
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No
Difficulty Settings : Yes, including one custom-ish
* Construction *
Base : New from scratch
Build Time : +4 weeks
Editor(s) used : Doom Builder 2, SLADE 3
Known Bugs : Minor sprite clipping. Please report any
others, if you find them!
May Not Run With : Vanilla and non-Boom
Tested With : PrBoom+, Zdoom, and a few others.
* Changelog *
- v1.1b (June 26)
- Eased up ammo restrictions for skill 4.
- Improved cues for progression.
- Minor bug fixes.
- v1.2 (June 27)
- Slightly rebalanced ammo and monsters.
- Softened Jackhammer hit sound.
- Minor bug fixes.
- v1.3 (July 1)
- Rebalanced ammo and monsters, especially for skill 1 & 2.
- Removed a few "annoying" elements.
- Removed unused resources, reducing file size ~1mb.
- Tweaked some triggers and pieces of layout for better effect.
- Slightly tweaked some aesthetics.
- Implemented slightly improved color palette.
- v1.4 (July 2)
- Fixed a crucial item teleport bug.
- v1.5 (July 5)
- Completely removed the Revenant Riot Room. Just not fun.
- Rebalanced some progression choices to be a bit less harsh.
- Fixed some minor scripted event bugs.
- Various balance tweaks.
- v1.6 (July 24)
- Lightened up the 'slaughter' encounters a tad.
- Freelook re-enabled for zdoom. This was highly unpopular.
- Fixed exit door trigger.
- Various minor visual tweaks.
- v1.7 (July 25)
- Fixed exit door trigger for real.
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any
modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.