Update to : Cheeki.pk3
Advanced engine needed : ZDoom/GZDoom
Primary purpose : No levels included
Title : The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bandit Experience: Retro Edition 1.4
Filename : Cheeki.pk3
Release date : July 3, 2014
Author : Chaosvolt
Email Address : [redacted]
Other Files By Author : TFMod, MDoomFix, other unreleased projects
Misc. Author Info : Psycho bored dragon
Description : Cheeki breeki, we bandit now, and 2d to boot! Featuring gratuitous Russian swearing, drunken hijinks, and godawful polka that won't ever stop! For added fun, remember to bind your "altfire" and "use inventory item" keys!
Additional Credits to : GSC for the eponymous S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, Spy for the infinitely amusing GMod addons that inspired this, and you for putting up with this nonsense.
* What is included *
New levels : None
Sounds : Yes
Music : Yes
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : Yes, or at least ye olde Decorate
Demos : No
Other : Does vodka count? o3o
Other files required : None
* Play Information *
Game : DOOM, DOOM2, Final Doom, partial support for Chex Quest/Chex Quest 3
Map # : None
Single Player : Designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Designed for
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Designed for
Other game styles : Nyet
Difficulty Settings : Not implemented
* Construction *
Base : New from scratch
Build Time : Roughly 3 days originally, not counting updates
Editor(s) used : GmadExtractor, GIMP, ye olde Notepad
Known Bugs : Chex Quest 1 and 3: No unique status bar for Chex Quest yet, player coloration changes slime instead of uniform. Chex Quest 3: Level music refuses to submit to the polka.
May Not Run With : Skulltag may or may not reject this.
Tested With : GZDoom g1.8.2 - 1.9.1, ZDoom 2.7.1
Features, in full:
1. That bloody all-devouring Bandit Radio music from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear sky.
2. Terrible Russian one-liners in high-quality format, because ye olde wav was not hardcore enough for Spy, the source of this madness. Several of the lines available are even picked at random when called up, the coding behind that being the only clever thing about this mod.
3. The utterly worthless ability to taunt your enemies in Russian with altfire. Okay, it does alert monsters, which is potentially useful.
4. Vodka, procured and chugged entire bottles at a time, to heal chunks of damage and utterly ruin your aim. On the plus side, it makes your fists hit like a truck. A drunk truck, even!
5. Absolutely, 100% certified ACS-free! Or maybe just certifiable.
6. Now at least playable with Chex Quest or Chex Quest 3, in case you thought a drunken space marine swearing like a proper bandit wasn't crazy enough.
1.0: Original release.
1.1: Fixed cheeki breeki not resetting on level transition. Made vodka heal at reduced efficiency when above 100% health. Before it would ONLY heal up to 100% health. Fixed drunken altfire animation not swaying at all. Made drunken weapon animations overall smoother. Altered chaingun and plasma rifle to be saner when fired drunkenly. Changed quit message. Added separate obituary messages for drunken weapon kills. Made falling-impact noise occur at random instead of being spammy.
1.2: Made players drop vodka on death, made drunkeness have an additive duration, fixed weapons giving double normal ammo, altered drunken firing behavior...massively annoying changes to make the mod compatible with Chex Quest and Chex Quest 3, ranging from weapons spawning correctly to flemoids dropping vodka.
1.3: Fixed rapid zorcher animation error, fixed zorching projectiles behaving more like their Doom counterparts, moved drunken behavior to the main weapon instead of using tome-of-power behavior (thus making transition between drunk and sober smooth), changed behavior of picking up player-dropped vodka, changed quit sounds.
1.3: Fixed mistakes with code for the super shotgun and chaingun.
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any
modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *
The Usual: ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/ and mirrors