Advanced engine needed : ZDoom 2.7.1
Primary purpose : Single play
Title : Nevasca
Filename : nevasca.wad
Release date : 24/01/2016;
Author : Deadwing
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Files By Author : Discovering the Hell series, Eclipseii.
Misc. Author Info : ...
Description : Nevasca is an episode-format wad for zdoom source port, focusing on snow themes among with some ruins, hellish or techbase variants.
Level design is focused on non-linear layouts, with low (but stronger and faster) monster count. The focus is to challenge the player with orchestrated battles, where taking cover is a limited option. There are also new powerups and weapons to help deal with the faster pacing.
--------------- Story ---------------
-> "A land cursed by darkness and coldness, the chosen one which appears from time to time performs his pilgrimage once again to try to bring the winds of change for a new age."
--------------- Project Goals ---------------
-> 9 small/medium maps. It should take around 1.5~2 hours to beat all the levels.
-> 4 new mp3 songs.
-> Clean and very simple detailing, I don't like decorating stuff too much.
-> Focus on non-linear (but not sandbox) gameplay, pacing, battle and challenge. Also, is based on setpieces which focus on keeping pressure on player, taking him away from his comfort zone. I highly recommend playing this on HMP if you don't like too much difficult/traps.
-> Snow + Tech + Ruins mapset.
-> You'll probably be able to speedrun all the levels.
--------------- Levels ---------------
1 - Blessing Chamber: A chamber that was used in the old days by many ancient religions for praying. It's currently overrun, but it has a secret exit that is used by the pilgrim to prove their worth.
2 - Pilgrimage Shrine: The first step for ones in their fateful journey. Will the old gods give their blessing or curse him with a gruesome death?
3 - Underground Shelter: An underground structure used in ancient times. It is said that many used to take shelter to avoid the religious wars on surface, until it got discovered.
4 - Bloody Tundra: Some say this was a forest in the past, others just think it was another standard hellish landspace. Anyway, the darkness came and with it all the life was taken. The passage to the central station is inside the high-tech structures.
5 - Central Station: High-technological place taken as reference on all continent. Many dark experiments are done for unknown purpose. The pilgrim use this place as a shortcut to the pits of Two guardians.
6 - Two guardians pits: A big structure used to pray for the old guardians, protecting the entrance of the Sky Fortress. Sadly, the temple failed at its objective when one of the guardians got killed.
7 - Sky Base: A place that holds many secrets, where many believe this is the source of all evil and corruption. Unforntunaly, no one who arrived has returned.
8 - Final Level: The pilgrimage is finally in the end. Will our chosen one be able to put an end to all of this?
9 - Secret level: An old level from an old wad I've made, which I decided to release as an outtake.
--------------- Balance Changes ---------------
- Medkit: 25 -> 40
- Stimpack: 10 -> 20
- Health and Armor Bonus: 1 -> 2
- Rockets deal 30% more damage (something close to that). You can only carry 15 (30 with backup).
- Spectre HP: 150, They're noticably faster.
>>>>>>>> New Monsters:
- Dark Imp: Same old Imp with faster projectiles.
- Frozen Cacodemon: Same old Cacodemon with faster projectiles.
- Death Incarnation: Same old Revenant with faster missiles.
- Frozen Skull: Stronger and more unpredictable version of Lost Souls. Can Also shot from distance.
- Frozen Hell Knight: Stronger than Hell Knights, weaker than Baron of Hells, replacing both. It's a lot more aggressive with faster projectiles.
- Zombie Marine: Stronger than Former Sergeants but weaker than Chaingunners.
- Rocket Zombie: Very strong sniper that shots rockets.
- Frozen Demon: Replaces original Demon.
--------------- Credits ---------------
- Doomworld: scifista42, AD_79, Memfis, gaspe, Obsidian, Rumia, Suitepee, Dime, antares031, skepticist.
- Zdoomforums: doony, The Nameless Watcher, xenoxols, Ed the Bat.
- Doombrasilforum: SKULLRUSH, Jason, jdredalert, RafaelB.
- Startselect: Yan.
- Most new textures from "NeoDoom", by Daniel.
- Snow textures from nhell_d2.wad, by Alexander "Eternal" S.
- "2mbrown.wad", by Daniel "Tormentor667" Gimmer.
- "celticsh.zip", by Crista Forest, aka "CD Warrior".
- "cwbdoom5.wad", by Christopher "shaithis" Buecheler.
- "GOTHICTX.WAD"; by Anthony Czerwonka.
- Skybox taken from Wad "Schythe", "Skypack1.wad", "Skypack2.wad".
- Freezegun, Railgun and Biorifle takes from "NeoDoom", by Daniel, with some balance modifications I've made.
- New Rocket Launcher sprites from HELLSTORM CANNON on realm667 by ghastly_dragon, with some balance modifications I've made.
- New Medikit spirte from MEDICAL BACKPACK on realm667 by TheMightyHeracross, with some balance modifications I've made.
- New Stimpack spirte from FIELD KIT on realm667 by ghastly_dragon, with some balance modifications I've made.
- New Armor Bônus spirte from ARMOR SHARD on realm667 by Infirnex, with some balance modifications I've made.
- New Health Bônus spirte from SMALL BLOOD CONTAINER on realm667 by Lucario, with some balance modifications I've made.
- New powerups from a very old post from zdoom community (which unfortunately I can't find anymore - wad name's is 'PowerupResource.wad'), with some balance modifications I've made.
- New Revenant spirtes from DEATH INCARNATE on realm667 by by Eriance, Blue Shadow, MagicWazard, Ghastly Dragon, Sandypaper (Brightmaps), Midway, Rogue Entertainment and Raven Software.
- Frozen Cacodemon, STDarkImp, by Nanami.
- Frozen Demon and HellKnight from nhell_d2.wad, by Alexander "Eternal" S.
- Zombie Marine by Bouncy and Ixnatifual.
- Rocket Guy by The Innocent Crew.
- Maelstrom by TheDarkArchon.
- New Status Bar sprites made by Nevander from zdoom forums, with some changes I've made to make it look frozen.
- Trees and grass sprites from NeoDoom, by Daniel.
- All songs by myself, except the Map09 which is a MIDI version of Sunhair by Ozric Tentacles (provided by the band itself).
* What is included *
New levels : 9
Sounds : Yes
Music : Yes
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : Yes
Demos : No
Other : No
* Play Information *
Game : DOOM2
Map # : Map01 to Map 09
Single Player : Yes, designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No
Difficulty Settings : Yes
* Construction *
Base : Discovering the Hell: The 5 Worlds
Build Time : One year
Editor(s) used : Doom Builder, XWE, Photoshop.
Known Bugs : None
Tested With : ZDoom 2.20
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors (MAY/may NOT) use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any
modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.