Update to : aidoom.pk3
Advanced engine needed : ZDoom/GZDoom
Primary purpose : No levels included
Title : AI Enhancements: A Decorate Experiment Version 1.1
Filename : AIDoom.pk3
Release date : May 1, 2016
Author : Chaosvolt
Email Address : [redacted]
Other Files By Author : TFMod.pk3, Cheeki.pk3, DRLSpec, MDoomFix, other unreleased projects.
Misc. Author Info : Psycho bored dragon.
Description : Alters the behavior of every monster in the game, along with various other rebalances. Rudimentary line-of-fire checks to reduce (not eliminate) infighting, marching fire, enemies firing in volleys, along with numerous overall difficulty-increasing tweaks. See below for full details.
Additional Credits to : Kallin for help with playtesting, and revealing how nasty buffed shotgun zombies initially were. Reviewer Liberation for pointing put some bugs and balance issues.
* What is included *
New levels : None
Sounds : No
Music : No
Graphics : No
Dehacked/BEX Patch : Yes, Decorate work only
Demos : No
Other : No
Other files required : Nothing except the requisite source ports
* Play Information *
Game : Doom/Doom 2/Final Doom
Map # : None
Single Player : Designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Designed for
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No
Other game styles : None
Difficulty Settings : Not implemented
* Construction *
Base : New from scratch
Build Time : Roughly 3 days initially, not counting updates
Editor(s) used : Crudely hammered out via Notepad
Known Bugs : Line-of-fire checks reduce, not eliminate, infighting.
May Not Run With : Versions of ZDoom/GZDoom earlier than 2.8.1/g1.9.1
Tested With : ZDoom 2.8.1, GZDoom 1.9.1
* Fists are stealthy, the chainsaw can alert monsters while idling.
* Weapons gain differing levels of alert volume, making some weapons draw more attention than others.
* Shotshell maximum doubled.
* Rocket launcher and plasma rifle gain random spread if fired continously.
* Player projectiles can alert nearby monsters on impact.
Changes Common to Both Players and Monsters:
* All hitscan attacks (not just the super shotgun) gain vertical spread, with a comparable reduction in horizontal spread. This goes for both player weapons and monster attacks.
* All projectiles have a small area of effect on impact, set to increase the minimum damage of a direct hit without increasing the maximum. For non-rockets, the effect bypasses cyberdemon/mastermind immunity. Both player projectiles and monster projectiles are affected. Monsters are also immune to their own radius effects and those of their fellows.
* Bullet damage slightly increased.
* Shotgun buffed to fire 10 pellets, consistent with super shotgun's 20.
* Rockets have the same speed as plasma balls and BFG shots. Yes, this affects the cyberdemon too.
General Monster Changes:
* Monsters gain various health, speed, and aggression increases.
* Monsters can fire in volleys. One monster firing has a random chance of making nearby monsters follow suit.
* Monsters can potentially evade when aimed at, and have a chance of opening fire right afterward. Enemies with melee attacks will refrain from dodging when they get close enough.
* Monsters will hold their fire if a fellow monster blocks their direct line of fire, and may attempt to dodge to get a clear shot.
* Full-auto enemies can engage in marching fire.
* Zombieman: Health increase, speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks, spread verticality. Bullet damage boosted slightly, can occasionally fire a short burst of shots.
* Shotgun Guy: Health increase, speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks, spread verticality. Number of pellets boosted to match the player's shotgun, damage per pellet reduced to make the net damage increase more tolerable.
* Chaingun Guy: Health increase, speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks, marching fire, spread verticality. Bullet damage boosted to match the player's chaingun.
* Wolfenstein SS: Health increase, speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks, marching fire, spread verticality. Uses Wolfenstein 3D-style attacks.
* Imp: Health increase, speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Projectile moves faster, explodes on impact.
* Demon: Health increase, speed increase, dodging. Can potentially move faster when close enough.
* Spectre: Health increase, speed increase, dodging. Can potentially move faster when close enough, no alert sound.
* Lost Soul: Speed increase, dodging. Explodes on death, will slow down and start homing when close enough, homing lost souls can't be halted by shooting them. Immunity to lost soul explosions.
* Cacodemon: Speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Bloodsplatter color fixed. Projectile moves faster, explodes on impact.
* Pain Elemental: Speed increase, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Immunity to lost soul explosions.
* Hell Knight: Speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Bloodsplatter color fixed. Projectile moves faster, explodes on impact.
* Baron of Hell: Speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Bloodsplatter color fixed, immunity to rocket/barrel explosions, can randomly fire two shots in sequence. Projectile moves faster, explodes on impact.
* Revenant: Speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Non-homing projectiles move faster, homing projectiles maneuver more aggressively, both types of projectile explode on impact.
* Mancubus: Speed increase, volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks. Chance of firing a quick pair of parallel shots instead of the normal burst. Projectile moves faster, explodes on impact.
* Arachnotron: Volley fire, dodging, line-of-fire checks, marching fire. Projectile moves faster, explodes on impact.
* Archvile: Health increase, speed increase, dodging. Can randomly use an attack that'll blast the spot initially targetted, can randomly summon monsters instead of attacking, can heal nearby living monsters when reviving. Reduction in pain chance.
* Spider Mastermind: Health increase, speed increase, dodging, line-of-fire checks, marching fire, spread verticality. Explodes on death, can direct ANY volley-firing monsters to initiate a volley.
* Cyberdemon: Dodging, line-of-fire checks. Can randomly engage in automatic or marching fire, explodes on death, can direct ANY volley-firing monsters to initiate a volley. Projectile moves faster.
Version 1.0: Initial release.
* Fixed projectiles triggering pointless infighting.
* Slightly buffed lost soul's normal movement speed.
* Reduced dodge speed of flying enemies.
* Made cacodemons and lost souls less prone to dodge spam.
* Slightly reduced pain chance of archviles. Unsure why they were being stunlocked, as I didn't alter their pain chance.
* Made cyberdemon rockets force radius damage.
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text
file, with no modifications. You may distribute this file in any
electronic format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include
this file intact. I have received permission from the original
authors of any modified or included content in this file to allow
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *
The Usual: ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/ and mirrors