Archive Maintainer :
Update to :
Advanced engine needed : GZDoom 3.3.x or higher
Primary purpose : Single player
Title : Umbra of Fate
Filename : uof.pk3
Release date : 1 May 2018
Author : Alexa "YukiRaven" Jones-Gonzales
Email Address : [redacted]
Other Files By Author : Shadows of The Nightmare Realm, Extreme Terror,
One Doomed Marine, Kill
Misc. Author Info : Jumping and crouching are not allowed (in fact, they
should already be disabled via MAPINFO). No rocket
jumping on purpose, either. I do recommend binding
"swim up", however.
This requires GZDoom's hardware renderer with dynamic
lighting and 3D models enabled. Enabling bloom is
encouraged, but not necessary. Shadowmaps
(gl_light_shadowmap) can be used as well, but there's
some visual artifacts in some places with them
**ALWAYS LOAD LIGHTS.PK3 AND BRIGHTMAPS.PK3 ALONG WITH
THIS ADDON** These files come with GZDoom. Failure
to do so will result in the levels not looking right,
or being unplayable due to being too dark.
Mouselook is considered a requirement.
The dmflags and dmflags2 CVars should both be set to 0
A resolution of 1280x720 or greater is required.
Otherwise, some of the story text will be cut off and
the levels won't look correct.
Description : A man is on vacation and is out enjoying a day of
hunting while his wife and infant son are at home.
After a long and boring day, he starts walking back to
his car, only to discover a ravine that wasn't there
before. Feeling an unusually strong urge to find out
what lurks beyond the ravine, he jumps down into it
and heads out into the dark, foggy forest night.
Umbra of Fate is something of a personal experiment
where I try to push the type of gameplay I enjoy to
Additional Credits to : The Elementalism team for their feedback, with a
special shout out to Bauul for his playtesting.
Realm667 for their repositories, my wife for helping
me with the story text.
Additional credits are listed below since they're
* What is included *
New levels : 1
Sounds : Yes
Music : Yes (written by me, available at www.partition36.com)
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : No
Demos : No
Other : Some new brightmaps, a titlemap
Other files required : lights.pk3 and brightmaps.pk3, both of which come with
* Play Information *
Game : Doom2
Map # : MAP01
Single Player : Designed for
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No
Other game styles : None
Difficulty Settings : Yes, switchable in the map itself, designed for Hard
(aka, skill 3, aka UV).
* Construction *
Base : New from scratch
Build Time : About 11 months
Editor(s) used : GZDoomBuilder, SLADE, GoldWave, Reaper, Renoise, The
Gimp, Waddle, Emacs, some custom tools, and probably a
Known Bugs : I've seen the PyroSuccubus monster get stuck in world
geometry occasionally. Nothing game breaking.
There might still be a few unaligned textures,
especially on rocky surfaces.
May Not Run With : Anything other than GZDoom.
Tested With : GZDoom 3.3.2
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse with proper credit. Permissions have been obtained
from original authors for any of their resources modified or included in
this file. All music is under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 license and is Copyright 2017
Alexa Jones-Gonzales (the author of these levels).
You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
intact. I have received permission from the original authors of any
modified or included content in this file to allow further distribution.
This PWAD contains select texture(s) and flat(s) that can originally be found
in GothicDM or Gothic2. Credit and thanks go out to the artist(s) of said
flat(s) and texture(s) and also to the rest of the Gothic Crew (1997/98). The
ORIGINAL GothicDM(2).ZIP can be found at CDROM.COM. Each said PKZIP archive
contains thirty-two professional quality levels and music.
This PWAD contains textures from the Quake Revitaliation Project
* Where to get the file that this text file describes *
The Usual: ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/ and mirrors
Web sites: http://alexa.partition36.com/files/doom/
Gopher sites: gopher://nanako.mooo.com/1/doom
* Additional Changes from Vanilla Doom, and Things That Aren't Bugs *
- The chaingun has been replaced with an MP40 for aesthetic reasons.
- The chaingunners no longer drop a chaingun. This is because of the new MP40.
They now drop a few ammo magazines.
- Some monsters are more aggressive than their stock Doom varieties
- The shotgun's pellet pattern has been changed so that it's "tighter" and no
longer in a flat line.
* Additional Credits *
A lot of resources were taken from Realm667's site. I've tried to keep track of
everything I've used, so I sincerely apologize if I miss anyone here.
* The creators of gothictx.wad.
* FranÃ§ois-Xavier Delmotte aka OgrO_FiX for Ogro Texture Pack for Doom 2.
* Cage, Fox666, NeuralStunner, Zero X, and Diamond for CageTex2.wad.
* Ozymandias81 and Metal Mammoth for the Heavy Metal FAKK II textures
* Ozymandias81 for the Undying textures
* Ceeb for the Witchaven texture pack
* zrrion the insect for the Chasm texture pack
* Raccoon and ItsNatureToDie for the Stained Glass Windows texture pack
* Esselfortium and RottKing for the Medieval texture pack
* Mechadon for the Box 'o Skies texture pack
* The tree/weed models are from Cube 2: Sauerbraten
* Various authors for the decoration wads: Ghastly_dragon, Yuyu3, JoeyTD, JMAA,
MagicWazard, Captain Toenail, Gez, ShadesMaster, Shtbag667, Lucario, Captain
Awesome, Xaser, Necrodome, DavidRaven, zrrion the insect, Hexx, ETTiNGRiNDER.
* Vader, Ghastly Dragon, Keksdose, and Sandypaper for the Bruiser Demon.
* Eriance and Ghastly Dragon for the Avatar.
* Eriance, Blue Shadow, Keksdose, and Sandypaper for the Wicked.
* Eriance, Dredopp, and SandyPaper for the cultist.
* Tormentor667, Eriance, and Ghastly Dragon for the Acolyte.
* Eriance and Ghastly Dragon for the Disciple
* Vader and Sandypaper for the Fleshspawn
* YuraoftheHairFan, DavidRaven, AshuraTheChimera, Espi, Ebola, and Vader for the
* Music Information *
All music was written by YukiRaven, except for the ending music, which was
composed by Erik Satie and recorded by YukiRaven. The song titles are as
Title music: Untitled
Outdoor area: Untitled
The temple area: Back to Darkness
Crypt area: Forlasu Cxian Esperon, Cxiuj ke Enirus Cxi Tien
Inner sanctum area: The Umbra of Fate
Ending music: Gymnopedies I (Lent et douloureux) by Erik Satie
Full metadata information is embedded in the Ogg files themselves.