BYTES PER INCH BBS (+32 41 465244)
ÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
Û ÜÜ ßÛ Û ÜÜÜ Û Û ÜÜÜ Û Û Ü Ü Û
Û ÛÜß Û Û ÛÜÛ Û Û ÛÜÛ Û Û Û Û Û
ÛÜÜÜÜÛß ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÛßÛÜÛ
ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
Û Û Û ÜÜÜ Û Û Û Û Û Û ßÛÛ Û Û ÜÜÜÜÛ Û ÛÜÛ Û Û ÜÜÜÜÛ Û ÜÜÜ Û
Û ÛÜÜÜÜ Û ÜÜÜ Û Û ÛÜÛ Û Û ÛÜß Û Û ÛÜÜÜÜ Û ÜÜÜ Û Û ÜÜÜÛÜ Û Ü ÜÜÛ
ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÛ ÛÜÛ ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÛßÛÜÛ ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÛ ÛÜÛ ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÛÜÜÜÛ (C)
ÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜ
ÛÜÜÜÜßÛ ÛÜ Û ÛÜ Û
ÛßÜÜÜÛÛ ÜÜÜ Û Û Û Û
ÛÜÜÜÜÜÛ ÛÜÛ ÛÜÛ ÛÜÛ
ÚÂÄÄ¿ Ú¿ ¿ ÚÂÄÄ¿ ÚÂÄÄ¿ ÚÂÄÄ¿ Ú¿ ¿ ¿ ÚÂÄÄ¿ ÚÂÄÄ¿ ÚÂÄÄ¿
ÀÁÄÂ¿ ÃÅÄÄ´ ÃÅÄÄ´ ÃÅÄÂÙ ÃÅÄ Ã´ ³ ³ ÃÅÄÄ´ ÃÅÄÂÙ ÃÅÄ
ÀÄÄÁÙ ÀÙ Ù ÀÙ Ù ÀÙ À ÀÁÄÄÙ ÀÁÄÁÄÙ ÀÙ Ù ÀÙ À ÀÁÄÄÙ
Programmation : Luc ALEXANDRE. Distribution : MISSING LINK.
Hello, DOOM & HERETIC lovers !
Modifications since v2.1
- Crashed sometimes after changing the patch directory. FIXED.
- Crashed sometimes playing musics. FIXED.
- Crashed sometimes playing sounds. FIXED.
- I am not responsible in any case of any improbable damage due to this
- I have no connection with ID software. I did this program on my own
except for the external sound programs PLAYBACK and PLAYER (modified
from MUSPLAY 1.50).
So don't annoy these guys from ID and let them work on QUAKE.
What is DLAUNCH ?
It is a front-end program that allows the user to easily launch his/her
patch files for DOOM, DOOM 2 & HERETIC.
The patch files are the enormous amount of files whith a ".WAD" extension
that you can find on many BBSs, on specialized ftp sites (INTERNET) and
also on shareware compact disks.
These files contain all the information needed about one or several levels
of DOOM, DOOM 2 or HERETIC including sound, music, pictures, demos, new
You can use them "manually" to replace (without changing the original game)
these levels by typing (for example) "doom -file patchfile.wad" but it is
much easier to use a front-end program like DLAUNCH to kind of manage them.
What makes DLAUNCH different from other front-ends ?
- It RECOGNIZES all the different types of patches.
In fact, it is THE advantage DLAUNCH has over any other front-end.
You don't have to worry if the file BLABLA.WAD is a patch for DOOM,
DOOM 2 or HERETIC, let DLAUNCH handle this for you.
- DLAUNCH allows the view and modification of any text file associated
with a patch file.
You just have to use the same name as the .WAD only with the .TXT extension.
This is great because many zipped patches contain this type of files with
- DLAUNCH gives information on the number of levels, which one(s) to use,
the number of new pictures, new sounds, new musics and new demos.
- YESSSSS !!! you can view all the maps (even 3D).
- YESSSSS !!! you can listen to the sounds contained in the patches.
- YESSSSS !!! you can listen to the musics contained in the patches.
- YES, you can view all the new pictures (but only in 16 colours).
- YESSSSS !!! you can print a listing of your patches and their info.
- YESSSSS !!! you can extract sounds (.WAV files) and musics (.MUS files) to
the directory \EXTRACT.
- You can select multiple patches (if they don't overlap with their levels)
to play them simultaneously on a single session of DOOM, DOOM 2 or HERETIC.
You don't have to get out and lose all the weapons you have bravely
accumulated to restart with another WAD file.
- Multiple players accepted.
- Trivially, you can jump to any level you like at any difficulty you wish.
- You can configure yourself the sounds outputted by DLAUNCH by replacing
them in the directory \WAV.
- You can spend hours on losing time playing instead of losing it searching
which file goes for which DOOM-like program.
What do I require to make DLAUNCH work ?
- A PC compatible (preferably 486 DX2 66 for these type of games).
- The memory required for playing DOOM.
- A sound card (preferably SOUND BLASTER compatible if you want to hear the
patches sounds and musics).
- DOOM and/or DOOM 2 and/or HERETIC or none of these (but you won't be able
to play !!!) and some patches.
- Your hands.
- A shotgun.
- Type "pkunzip -d DL21.ZIP c:\".
- Type "c:".
- Type "cd \dlaunch".
- Type "dlaunch".
- Fill the information on the directories and editor location.
- What is your favourite text editor ?
- Where is DOOM ? (leave blank if you don't have it)
- Where is DOOM 2 ? (leave blank if you don't have it)
- Where is HERETIC ? (leave blank if you don't have it)
- Where are your PWADs (patch wad files) ?
- Let the program work and sort.
- Press <F1> to get helped.
- Always run DLAUNCH.EXE from the directory where it is.
- Avoid resident programs other than dlaunch when running it
(I tested the program with less than 5 Mb RAM and some TSRs and it was
still working perfectly so, don't worry too much about that).
- Switch on your SOUND BLASTER speakers !
- Press <F1> to get helped.
- Use arrows when viewing maps to see 3D.
- DOOM LAUNCHER works with DOOM 1.2 (or later), DOOM II and HERETIC registered.
If you're using DOOM 1.1, you won't be able to warp.
- Only 16 colors (for now) when viewing pictures.
- DOOM 1.2 (1.666) only seems to accept 13 patches at once.
I limited the number of patches you can play simultaneously to 10.
- It seems that some wads don't like to play their music but it is one
out of hundreds.
- Some level editors include ghost levels in the patches.
If you play these levels, you won't see a difference with the original
- Some nice guys mixed levels of DOOM and DOOM 2 in the same patch file.
It is really beautiful but won't be supported by DOOM LAUNCHER 2.11
Anyway, if this is the case, you will be able to play the DOOM levels.
- Too many music entries in DOOM.WAD (???)
Although DLAUNCH is quite complete for a front-end, I'd like to go further.
- Database connection for eliminating redundant wads and choosing your
- Deathmatch detection.
- Directories auto-search (+ better support).
- Viewing the pictures in full colour.
- Printing of the maps.
- Better support for the pictures names.
- Management of saved games.
- Management of lmp's (demo files).
- Management of .MUS and .WAV files (extracted from the wads).
- Enhancement of the 3D map viewer.
- Dehacked patches support (maybe).
- Connection with bsp 1.2x (maybe).
- Information on the monsters of the levels.
DOOM LAUNCHER 2.11 registration
If you want to receive the full CD version of the program which includes :
- DOOM LAUNCHER 2.11 Registered.
- Hundreds of wads from all over the world.
- Three special bonus wads from the author of DLAUNCH.
Moreover, you will be contacted by mail (or E-mail) when the next release
of DLAUNCH is ready and benefit of a special price.
The registration adress is :
MISSING LINK (DLAUNCH 2.11 registration)
Rue Arbre Ste BARBE, 368
The registration cost is (full CD version) :
- For Europe : 2000 Belgian francs.
Pay by check or cash or on the account number 001-2211546-22
If you pay on the account number, don't forget the communication :
"MISSING LINK (DLAUNCH 2.11 registration)"
- For the rest of the world : $80 US.
Pay by check or cash.
No version is available on other format than CD.
Let us know :
- Your Name & complete adress.
- Your E-mail adress (if you have one) INTERNET or FIDONET.
- If you wish (for statistics) :
+ Your age
+ Your mother tongue
+ Your computer type (386,486 DX2 66,...)
+ Your sound card type
+ Do you have DOOM,DOOM 2 or/and HERETIC.
- What did you like most in DLAUNCH ?
- What did you dislike most in DLAUNCH ?
- What would you like to see in the next version ?
Allow 40 days for delivery.
How can I contact the author ?
- Send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (INTERNET)
- Write to Luc ALEXANDRE
Avenue de l'Observatoire 217/82
- Connect to BYTES PER INCH BBS (+32 41 465244)
Leave me a message.
Famous last words
I'd like to hear from you.
Don't hesitate to send comments and critics, they will help me for the next
Give this program to your friends.
Register, you won't regret it and it will help me to continue.
Happy DOOMing !!!