Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Sound Effects
By S.P. Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A collection of new sound effects for Doom (registered only), all carefully
sampled from the BBC Audio Collection of the Hitchhiker's Guide To The
Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
For those of you unawares, the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is a
wholly remarkable book, and also a wholly remarkable audio collection.
The BBC Radiophonic Workshop created most of these sound effects, however
a few were provided by real-live actors in real-live recording studios.
I've chosen these effects to keep the game playable, that is, without
massively interfering with the gameplay. I may be adding more sounds later,
as my time permits. I stopped at 9 sounds, when I realized the file was
already up to 156K. With the future installation of my time-space fabric
folding desk accessory, I should have already done many more sound effects
before I even typed this file. See the Guide under 'verb tenses'.
And now... the Legal Clarifications!
1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a trademark of Douglas Adams,
for whom I have the utmost respect and also his autograph.
2. Doom is a trademark of id Software, for whom I also have the utmost
respect and also several of their software products.
3. DMAUD 1.1 was created by Bill Nesius, for whom I also have the utmost
respect and also his email address (email@example.com).
4. The Hitchhiker's Sound FX PWAD was created by me, for whom I have a large
level of respect and also altogether too many grey hairs.
5. I was created by my parents, for whom I have a varying degree of respect,
and also several of their facial characteristics.
6. The doors were created by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, for whom
I have no respect whatsoever and also their Windows operating system.