Author :Michael Cooper
Email Address :email@example.com
(honest, that's my real email address!)
Misc. Author Info :
Description : Like most wads you'll see, this is my first attempt
at building a wad. I tried to keep it small but
difficult without simply throwing monsters at the
player (with one exception, but we'll get to that
later). There are two puzzle rooms, a couple of
rooms that I used to learn about how Doom does stuff,
and my journeyman project: a diabolical courtroom.
My advice to someone playing the game: there is a
room where you can get irrevocably stuck, so save
your game often.
Additional Credits to : The makers of Doom, DEU, and BSP.
* Play Information *
Episode and Level # : E1M1
Single Player : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No
Difficulty Settings : No
New Sounds : No
New Graphics : No
* Construction *
Base : New level from scratch
Build Time : Five days total time.
Editor(s) used : DEU 5.2 & BSP 1.2
Known Bugs : NONE
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may use this level as a base to build additional
levels with the exception of the puzzle rooms, which I prefer
not to have copied.
You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
1) You appear in a room with two Star-shaped pillars. Kill everything
(great hint, huh?). The first (leftmost) pillar can be lowered
with a switch on the second (rightmost). Do this now. Then go
up the stairs to find a blue key.
2) There's a secret room just off the stairs. Find it for a supercharge.
3) Teleport out. Run down the green stairs into the "brain goop" and
quickly back out. Kill everything.
4) Open the door by the gargoyle drooling blood. Get the health and
shotgun ammo if you need it.
5) Go through the blue door (blue door, blue key, who knew?)
6) Go into the berry blue room and get the blue health potions. I think
I overdid the blueness.
7) Just by the teleporter, there is a hard-to-see door recessed in the
wall. Go through. Kill everything. There's a set of light
goggles forward and to the right in an alcove. The blinking light
is so annoying. Kill everything. There's a rocket-launcher and
some rockets here to make it worth your while.
8) Go back into the blue room and teleport into the first puzzle room.
9) Can you make it all the way through the room without getting stuck?
HINT: Not all switches look like switches. Carefull. Don't forget
to check your 6 o'clock!
10) Kill everything. If you use the teleporters creatively, you won't
even get hit once. Right. Get the red card key and teleport
back into the blue room.
11) Go back into the room with the green walls and slimy floors. Climb
the stairs and pick off a couple of the pink gorillas before going
down there. Jump down into the room and kill the last one.
12) Jump down into the gray gritty dark cavish corridor. Look out for
invisible gorillas. Kill everything.
13) The end of the corridor is a door. Open it and you are just about
in the second puzzle room. Save early and save often because
not every door opens in every direction. Stay away from the
barrels as best you can when they blow. Lots of good stuff here.
14) When(if) you make it through the second puzzle room, you're on the
other side of the gritty grey corridor. Kill everything. Go up
the lift. The wall is a door. Open it. Go through.
15) Just outside and to the right of the drooling gargoyle, the wall
there is also a door. Open it and go through. Kill the one
dude waiting for you and go up the lift to get some ammo.
16) The "wooden" door leads to the courtroom. Enter QUIETLY. The
imps are deaf and won't hear you unless you make a loud noise
(like firing off a shotgun). Let the Baron shoot most of them up
and when there are just a few left, kill them all. Check out the
jury and the witness. They can't move or shoot at you, so they're
pretty pathetic but it's fun to watch them. I hope OJ gets a more
sympathetic crowd! Walk the rails (three of them lower, in case
you fall off) and open the door behind the judge's "bench."
17) Go through the door and either jump to the opening on the other side
or drop down and kill everything.
18) Walk down the corridor, enter the room you started from, go through
the red door (red key, red door, who knew?) and the fun's over.
19) Email me and tell me how you liked it.