DoomShell v4.3 - DMSHEL43.ZIP - (C) 02-09-95 Ruud van Gaal
The DoomShell that will knock off any competitors from the shell-market!
Incredible versitality, how about this:
- Supports Doom I (v1.666-1.9 and probably up), Doom II and Heretic!
- Easy external WAD selection from any directory using file requester.
- WAD database for storing your favourite WAD files
(including location & description, times played, time in WAD etc.).
- View levels before you play them (including player start locations).
- Automatic (starting) level detection of WAD files, no more IDCLEV
level-seeking-frustration while inside Doom.
- Edit your chat macros for IPX and serial networks.
- Starts Single Player, IPX, Serial and Modem network games in a single
- Jump right into the level and episode of YOUR choice.
- All (yes, ALL) Doom options available in convenient graphic interface,
instead of screens full of thedious command lines.
- Savegame support.
- Demo recording/playback.
- Built in help (including cheat codes for Doom I/II and Heretic).
- Modem configuration and selection.
- Full serial setup (baudrate, com-port etc.)
- Stress-relieving music while selection your options.
- Absolutely FREE OF CHARGE!
- And more!
This is the standard to which all shells should match their checklists.
Be it addict or beginner, this shell will help you to easily use all the
nice features that Doom offers.
Shameless plug: ID: How about this for Quake?