Title : Q-ZONE TeamDM Arena
Filename : Q-ZONE.wad
Author : G-money (CyberPlay BBS) aka
Static (SJ Dwango/H2H)
Email Address : email@example.com
Misc. Author Info : This is my first wad attempt; but before you hit
DEL, at least check it out first :)
Description : 4 player team deathmatch level with a lasertag
concept (Q-zar, UltraZone). See *Rules* below.
Additional Credits to : Red Baron, Archvile, and Killjoy for beta testing
and moral support..
* Play Information *
Episode and Level # : Map 01
Single Player : ...for exploration. there are no monsters
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Yes. 2 vs 2
Difficulty Settings : Skill 3 has plasma gun only
Skill 4 and 5 has super shotgun only
Skill 1 and 2 has both
New Sounds : Yes, but nothing cheesy
New Graphics : Yes
New Music : Yes
Demos Replaced : None
* Construction *
Base : New level from scratch
Editor(s) used : DCK 3.1 - Ben Morris
ZenNode 0.98a - Marc Rousseau
Wintex 4.2 - Olivier Montanuy
Known Bugs : One of the arena windows becomes opaque when viewed
from a certain angle. However, it is only a minor
bug and does not affect the gameplay or speed. If
you know the solution, I would be grateful to hear
from you :) I tried forEver, but still could not
find a way to squash it. Ah well.
* Rules *
- to win. hey, it's true :)
- to score points by deactivating your opponent's HQ, and to defend your
own HQ against attacks. The first team to reach 100 points wins.
1. All 4 players start off in the briefing room. Split into 2 teams, Red
team and Green team, and enter the appropriate door. Be sure to grab
a weapon before running down the stairway.
2. When you enter the arena, you will be inside your own HQ. Decide on
who will stay to guard the base and who will attack.
3. If you die, you will start back in the briefing room. Again, be sure
to enter the side corresponding with your team color. You will then be
teleported into the arena in one of 4 locations.
How to score:
1. When you reach enemy territory, you will notice a partition in front of
their base. On the outside of this partition is a button marked
"DisArm HQ". Press the button and you will hear a loud warning tone.
This tone alerts all players that the base is now vulnerable to attack.
An opening on the wall will appear inside the HQ. This opening will
only last for a few seconds before closing again, so you must hurry.
2. Run around the partition into the base.
3. Now stand on the blue steps facing the wall opening. You will see a
small colored dot deep inside the wall. Line up with the dot and shoot
it before the opening closes.
3. If you successfully deactivate the base, you will hear a fast, high
pitched siren followed by a low rumbling sound. The rumbling sound
will last for 30 seconds, during which you will not be able to
deactivate the base. Wait for the sound to stop before repeating
4. Check the scoreboard. Each HQ hit counts for 10 points. The game is
over when either team reaches 100.
1. Use teamwork. Have your buddy press the button while you're inside the
enemy base. This way, you won't waste any time running all the way
around the partition. You will get more shots using this method.
2. If you have trouble lining up with the dot, run forward against the
wall while using the left/right mouse turning for fine adjustments.
3. For best results in hitting the dot, use the regular shotgun or pistol.
* Misc *
If you have any comments, suggestions, flames, or whatevers, please feel free
to contact me via E-mail. Thanks :)
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors may not use this level as a base to build additional
You may distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with no
modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic format
(BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact.
* Where to get this WAD *
FTP sites: ftp.cdrom.com
BBS numbers: CyberPlay BBS - 408 975 0100
Dwango Wad Exchange - 408 522 7302
Other: AOL file library