************* Welcome to DAC, the DooM-Access-Center! *************
1. What is DAC?
DAC is a small and handy shell for all the fans of iD-SOFTWAREs powergames.
So DAC now supports DooM, DooM2, Ultimate DooM, DooM-Gold, Heretic
- zipped PWAD-Archives
- separately saved games for each PWAD (not for Hexen in the DAC-Demo
- analyse of PWADS, which levels are patched and automatically warp
to the first patched level for starting the game
- supports single-player- and (IPX-) network-player-mode
- several start-parameters (-loadgame, -skill, -nomonsters)
- view/edit/create description-file for each PWAD (using MS-DOS-EDIT)
- automatically zipping/unzipping of new PWADS and their TXT-files
- automatically information of date-last-played, existing TXT-file and
saved games in PWAD-database
Many thanks to iD-Software for creating those phantastic Games! Even much
thanks to Hank Leukart and Matthew S. Fell for their DooM-Specs that make
it much easier understanding the princip of these WAD-based games!
Copyright of DooM, DooM2, Ultimate DooM, DooM-Gold by iD-SOFTWARE,
Copyright of Heretic and Hexen by RAVEN-SOFTWARE
Copyright of Pktools by PKWARE
Copyright of MS-DOS by MICROSOFT
By the way ... I can't give any warrenty for damages or lost data while using
DAC - but I spent about 12 weeks for testing DAC without any error or crash
on different systems.
Load down DAC10D.ZIP and have fun! If you have any feedback or ideas for
further upcomming versions of DAC please send me your eMail.
Hannover, August 8th 1996