MUST READ ..oo00OO --== DooM 2 ExtendeR ==-- OO00oo.. ver 2.80
- System requirements -
* Doom 2 : Hell On Earth version 1.9
* Sound Blaster - compatible sound card.
* minimum of 64k of disk cache
* Mouse driver *MUST* be loaded.
- How to INSTALL -
* Unzip DEF271a.ZIP into your Doom2 dir.
* Run INSTALL.BAT to finish installation.
- How to UNINSTALL -
* Run UNINSTDE.BAT
- How to USE -
* type DE, press ENTER.
* Check options you want to have enabled.
* Click "Save options"
* Run DOOM2 or SETUP or Death manager for modem/network play.
*** - How to see DE showing off its powerful abilities - ***
* Try playing a game with Low Gravity, Gunfinity, Safe mode,
Arnold mode, Permanent Blood, and Mines (just check all
the corresponding boxes). Low gravity seems to be the funniest
option for deathmatch and coop, and gunfinity and safe mode
will help you survive in coop on some sadistic levels which seem
to have never been playtested.
- IMPORTANT NOTE -
* Due to the structure of Doom 2, all players
in a multiplayer game must have DE installed with
same settings. Cheating alone isn't possible, and
it's not my fault.
- NOTE For Power Users / TROUBLESHOOTING -
* Doom II Extender patches your DOOM2.EXE on DOOM2
startup and unpatches it when you exit DOOM2.
Thus, you may assume that if you have to reboot DURING
a game of DOOM2, you're screwed. ** WRONG **.
This program detects such cases and automatically
completely unpatches your DOOM2.EXE next time
Program also detects consistency failures
and gives you the list of possible reasons.
During the uninstall, program unpatches your DOOM2.EXE
as well. In case you discover that your DOOM2.EXE somehow
*WAS* corrupted by the program, then type ARGH
but only AFTER UNINSTALLATION.
* DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THOSE "MODEM MODE" MESSAGES
THAT APPEAR WHEN YOU RUN INSTALL, DE AND UNINSTALL.
THEY'RE THERE FOR COMPATIBILITY REASONS AND YOU SHOULD
*NOT* TOUCH ANYTHING.
- And finally, a section for those who just read everything -
About 2 months ago I decided to screw with Stacker 4.1 again.
I lost almost all my HD contents.
Including the source code for DE.
So, to fix all the bugs found in version 2.71, I had to go
through hell and hex editing.
If you still encounter bugs with this version, email
email@example.com or Crusader at "Game Server".
Oh, and I am not responsible for any damage this program causes,
use it at your own risk. (Although it isn't going to cause any.)