About This File
* Three character classes: Fighter, Cleric and Mage. At the start of your adventure, you choose which class you want to play through the entire game of Hexen. In multiplayer mode, you can choose which character you want to use to either inflict punishment (Deathmatch) or to help your comrades through the adventure (Cooperative).
The Fighter's weapons are mostly close-combat weapons, but he does the most damage with his attacks.
The Cleric has two close-combat weapons and two long-range weapons since he is a hybrid of the Fighter and Mage classes.
The Mage has four long-range magical attacks. This is the best character for you if you are better at attacking from a distance.
* No sequential level-to-level game progression. For instance, the second level (Seven Portals) contain the gateways to the other three levels in the first "hub" of the game. You will revisit Seven Portals many times before you complete Hexen's first hub area. When you are on one level, you can pull a switch and open doors or raise stairs on a different level to unlock the continuation of your quest.
* Rich audio environment. Hexen has a dark, brooding background soundtrack to create a subtly disquieting mood while you listen to animals scrabbling around on rocks, birds screeching or the ambient soundscape of a swamp. All this combined with the enemy's audio cues create a rich aural experience while you journey through the dark, dangerous world of Hexen.
* Large range of artifacts. Many of Heretic's artifacts are here along with many new ones that prove to be quite interesting in a Deathmatch situation! Sure, Heretic was great fun with the Morph Ovum, but have you ever seen a flying pig? You Will. And we will be the ones to bring it to you with the Porkelator!
* Awesome visual effects. Slog your way through a real swamp, complete with a haze of white fog and swamp gas clouds cruising over the ooze. Twin parallaxing cloud sky backdrops. A crowd of bats blasting into your face as you prepare to descend into a network of caves. These and many other effects will surprise and awe you with their brilliance.
This demo is multiplayer capable. Use the DM program to initiate a multiplayer game. Please read DM.DOC for details.
Enjoy the demo. Then rush out and get the game when it hits the stores! You won't be sorry. But your friends will be when they think they can take you on in a Deathmatch and they find a Maulotaur you just summoned bashing their brains into the dirt with you laughing at them behind its back.