Extract from text file:
`AAK_WAQ Readme & Help' (Mac/Unix)
Name: AAK_WAQ.WAD [WAQ.WAD]
Author: Andrew Kingdom
Type: Doom2.WAD (PWAD)
Use: Single player, Multi-player and Deathmatch.
Construction: Built over 3 months (including research).
Description: A challenging level covering a large area. Lots of
monsters, weapons and powerups. Excellent views.
Several puzzles. Fairly consistant and good quality.
Version: 1.0 (release)
Date: 20 June 1996 (released)
Greetings fellow Doomster,
I wasn't actually going to release this wad as it's only my
second, but several people convinced me it was good enough to
release (and indeed, threatened to do nasty things if I didn't).
Many hours of research, subject testing, tea drinking and hair
tearing went into its making. Your mission (should you decide to
accept it) is to play and complete the level.
If you're wanting to jump straight into the level, I suggest the
following skill levels:
* I'm too young to die -- exploration (with no virtually no monsters).
* Hey, not too rough -- ditto.
* Hurt me plenty -- if you're a good player
* Ultra violence -- for the `Mr Doom' or Deathmatch.
* Nightmare -- for those with cheats up to their eyeballs.
The WAD should already be in the same folder/directory as DOOM2.
On a Macintosh, drag `AAK_WAQ.WAD' onto your DOOM2 application icon.
On a PC, type `DOOM2 -file AAK_WAQ.WAD'
Names and Places
* the Abandoned temple: A rather creepy place. Wonder what that
* the Ammo-dump: Massively up-lifting. Beware of Geeks bareing gifts.
* the Balcony: A long balcony with bars to protect you from falling.
Off the octagonal room.
* the Ballroom: A large room with a parquetry floor. I guess it's
late, everyone seems to have left.
* the Battlements: Don't fall off the castle wall (during the battle, I meant).
* the Bedroom: (Off the tech-room) Looks like an all-knight party.
* the Bell-tower: A very tall tower. Hmmm. That's an odd looking
bell hanging there.
* Crate room: A crate-filled room (or are they brown paper packages
tied up with string?) containing a few of your favorite things.
* the Cyber-Demon room: Is that a rocket-launcher in your pocket, or
are you guys just pleased to see me?
* the Desert: Surrounded by abandoned apartments, there's a rather
noxious crevasse amongst them trees. Looks like some-body's already
discovered the spikes at the bottom.
* the Dungeon: Join the SS picnic, but mind the gutters. `Roll out
* the Kitchen: A room with moving `shutters'. Don't stay for lunch,
you're on the menu.
* the Labrynth: A con-Crete maze? Don't wake the `Minotaur'.
* the Lava-pit: A large pit of lava. Careful or you'll really be in
* the Long-run: It's a long way out.
* the Main Hall: A large dining hall complete with fireplace.
* the Maze: You are in a maze of twisted little passages, all
alike. (the only way out of the dungeon).
* the Octagonal room: Where all roads lead to, when you roam.
* Outside: A place with grass and a `moat' filled with
* the Secret-passage: Out of the frying-pan into the fire.
* the Slime Gate: the entrance to the Desert (from the balcony) or a
real pain if you're outside.
* the Spitter room: a room with imps in it, below the switchboard and balcony.
* the Switchboard: Press the wrong switch and you won't be bored.
* Supply room: Any small room containing goodies.
* the Tech.-Room: A high-tech. room looking down on the entrance to
the main hall.
* the Toilets: Where you go for relief and privacy.
* the Torture chamber: I can't see the wood for the corpses. (off
* the Upper-Hall: large re-creational area complete with
diamond-shaped swimming pool.
Frequently Asked Questions
This wad was designed particularly with a deathmatch in mind. I
Suggest that you play at skill level `Ultra Violence' with monsters
ON, and respawning weapons, the objective being to clear the level
of monsters. I've been careful to ensure that virtually all rooms
have more than one entrance, so no one can `sit on' weapons or guard
a particular room. The one exception to this is the ammo dump, but
that's a risk you'll have to take.
Only read this if you're REALLY stuck.
Help is placed at the end of the file for your protection.
The Author's Ramblings
Well, I hope you have fun / had fun playing my wad. It's really not
such a nasty place after all. *grin*
Just though I'd mention that there are several `easter eggs'
included in the level, some which are very handy for death-matches.
(This is an extract from AAK_WAQ.TXT)