THEME DOOM PATCH 1.7 !!!
Do you ever wanted to see ALIEN vs PREDATOR vs TERMINATOR in Doom?
Now it is possible! The Theme Doom Patch modifies Doom and Doom 2
to feature the deadly monsters from your favorite action movies:
- Pillars with skulls and hearts are turned into Alien Eggs and
Hugger Tubes (shoot them to release the Facehuggers).
- Lost Souls and Revenants are turned into Facehuggers (mostly
harmless but quite annoying).
- Sargeants and Chaingunners are turned into Aliens (beware of the
acid and don't kill them on short distance).
- Demons and Hell Knights are turned into young Alien Queens (some-
what harder than normal Aliens).
- Spectres and Mancubuses are turned into Predators (hunting you
down invisible until their cloaking gives in).
- Imps and Arachnotrons are turned into T40 Terminators (early
battle models armed with Plasmaguns).
- Cacodemons and Pain Elementals are turned into T800 Terminators
(try to prevent them from standing up again).
- Barons of Hell and Arch Viles are turned into T1000 Terminators
(looking like policemen but able to morph injuries away).
- Troopers are now Rifle Clones (so there are some easy killable
moving targets around).
- Spiderdemons and Cyberdemons are turned into Chaingun Clones and
Plasmagun Clones (for use in battle scenarios).
- Potions and Helmets are turned into Civilian Advisers and Androids
(which will try to keep out of trouble).
- Short green and red columns are turned into Shotgun Marines and
Plasmagun Marines (bullet fangs that will follow you around).
- Berserk Packs are turned into Pulserifle Marines (tougher
fighters with motion trackers).
- Invulnerability Spheres are turned into T800 Bodyguard Terminators
(who will only attack on defense).
- All monsters will now fight between them (due to DeHackEd 3.0).
Players, weapons and some objects have been modified as well:
- All player graphics are turned to the same uniform colour but
different helmet colour (so deathmatches will be more fair).
- Punch and pistol graphics are turned to right handed usage (just
- The Rocketlauncher has got more power (BFG like hit radius using
rocket fuel units).
- The Plasmagun has sligthly changed (to match the plasmarifles from
the T2 movie).
- The BFG9000 is turned into a Flamethrower (limited range weapon
using rocket fuel units).
- All ammunition has been increased (you will need it).
- Blood splats will remain some time and tortured bodies can be shot
(thanks to the originators of these ideas).
- Poles with skulls and skewered heads are turned into Open Alien
Eggs and sucessful Dead Facehuggers (just some decorations).
- Eyes in symbols and Flaming skulls are turned into Terminator Arms
and Predator Trophies (just some more decorations).
- Soul Spheres and Blur Spheres have changed to Soul Packs and Blur
Artifacts (just to look more technical).
- Yellow Keys are turned into Yellow Databoards (use them together
with door textures for information exchange).
- Red Keys are turned into Red Hostages (which need to be rescued to
open red doors, so don't get them killed).
- Electrical columns are connected to siren sounds and brown stumps
to wind sounds (for atmosphere).
- Lamp columns can be shot (to turn the lights off).
1. DEUTEX -APPEND THEME17.WAD (DeuTex >3.4 needed)
appends graphics to complete the wad (to about 2/4 MB)
2. DEHACKED -LOAD THEME17.DEH (DeHackEd >2.4 needed)
patches the doom.exe file (reload original data first)
3. DOOM -FILE THEME17.WAD [THOPOST.WAD] (Doom/Doom 2 >1.4 needed)
(actual deutex and dhe versions can be found on ftp.cdrom.com in pub
/idgames/utils/graphics_edit and exe_edit. DeuSF and NWT may be used
instead of DeuTex, but no longer Dmadds. Thanks go to Bill Neisius,
Bernd Kreimeier, Denis M”ller, Olivier Montanuy, Greg Lewis and id!)
Most graphics are just modified originals to keep the feeling right!
The sound effects were taken from various sound wads (thanks to the
creators) or direct from the movies (special thanks to Pete Nilson).
Sorry, but different coloured blood splats were not possible, please
change the graphics for dedicated Alien or Predator scenarios. Due
to some necessary tricks, the patch will only work when the dehacked
file and the wad file are used together.
This patch is freeware! You may distribute it on any media, provided
you include all files without modifications. Feel free to use it to
create special theme levels (preverably name these th(level).wad),
the dckth17 toolkit makes editing with DCK especially easy (special
thanks to Ian Merrithew). To experience a completely different Doom
environment right now, just play the included thopost.wad (e1m1) or
any other level and die!
Werner Spahl (firstname.lastname@example.org) 23.9.1995
"The reason of my life is to make me crazy!"