"Perfect 10" - 10 Deathmatch levels for Doom II
Title : perfct10.wad
Date Finished : December 9 1997
Author : Thane Silliker
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Files By Author : (none yet!)
Misc. Author Info : Working stiff who doesn't really have time to
write these things but does anyway!
I should have started writing these two
years ago! Send me e-mail if you've played this.
Description : A set of 10 new from scratch levels for Doom2
Deathmatch. Playtested with v1.666 using -altdeath
Additional Credits to : ID! (thanks for the addiction!)
Scott D. for encouragement, suggestions
(and for letting me kick his butt hehe)
The authors of the various midi files I
appropriated from various sources.
Jane (just because she's awesome!)
* Type of DOOM or DOOM II file*
New level WAD : Yes
* Play Information *
Map # : map01 - map10 (Doom II)
Single Player : Yes (there are a few levels with monsters)
Cooperative 2-4 Player : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Yes! (not playtested with 4-player)
Difficulty Settings : Yes (only on first level, others: NO)
New Sounds : No
New Music : Yes!
New Graphics : No
Demos Replaced : None
* Construction *
Base : New levels from scratch
Build Time : 4-8 hours each (except for first two which were
definitely learning experiences)
Editor(s) used : DCK, DEU on first two
DMAPEDIT on the rest
MusTool for adding music files
DoomTool for packing levels together
Known Bugs : None
* Level Information *
All levels have non-cooperative exits which are well marked so there won't
be any accidental endings!
1. My 1st level. Those stairs took me 3 hrs! 1st time we played this one,
Scott kicked my butt.
2. Lots of running in a LARGE area, few weapons.
3. My favourite. Great look, great music, MANY secrets.
4. Modeled after the Halifax Citadel in Nova Scotia, Canada. A star-shaped
stone fort with large moat. All set to Bach's "Organ Fugue in E-minor."
5. Low light with a few puzzles thrown in.
6. One word: ROCKETS! Also: transporters to secret lookouts and old
faithful: the infamous Battle For The Megasphere.
7. This one came to me in a dream and turned out almost exactly like I had
dreamt! It seemed appropriate to choose Metallica's "Enter Sandman" as
the music: "Dreams of war, Dreams of liars, Dreams of dragon's fire,
And of things that will bite..." Exit appears after 5 min.
8. Interesting concept which I haven't seen expanded upon before: a maze of
opaque walls which you can walk through. Set to Nine Inch Nail's
"Closer" because your enemy is CLOSER than you think!
9. More low-light running for my buddy Scott with Pink Floyd playing
in the background.
10. Modeled very closely after the gun club of which I am treasurer. But
we don't shoot people in ours! Set to "New Orleans Is Sinking" by
Canada's Tragically Hip!
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional
You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with
no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic
format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file
* Where to get this WAD *
FTP sites: ftp.cdrom.com and it's mirrors
Other: from me!