Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

This guy would be a badass Doom enemy.

This is actually the censored version of Cannibal Corpse's "Bloodthirst" album, ironic considering that the uncensored version is actually less disturbing. Anyway, I've always been fascinated by this painting, as the creature depicted is grotesque, asymmetrical, and has a bizarre cherub-like face. The painting suggests that as an enemy, he would have multiple attacks, like throwing bones, stabbing you with a knife, or perhaps ejecting some kind of venomous spit. It's such a creepy, dark design. Would have fit great in Doom 3! As for the original Doom, it could have made a KILLER sprite. I'm almost tempted to make a sprite out of it.

printz said:

Does it have offspring?

Uh, only if you count the horrific demons popping out of the woman on their "Wretched Spawn" album cover.

Gez said:

The lesson here is "do not hotlink from sites that aren't imagehosts".
This direct link should work, though

thanks. Actually, yeah, it does look like a cool enemy.

I really am tempted to make it into a sprite. I mean, I don't know which enemy it would replace, but with all the flexibility of source ports it may not matter ...right?

I personally like this enemy, while it follows more of a dark tone rather than demonic, I can really, really picture this monster in dark, wooden, slaughterhouse/haunted-themed maps.

Maybe tweak the finilized sprite of it when it's done, make it more DooM-ish.

Clonehunter said:

Reminds me of the Vagary. In which case no. It looks kinda cool, but I can't see it doing anything cool or remarkable.

Well, sure, the attacks wouldn't be too unique (either chucking bones or stabbing at point-blank range), but its appearance would hopefully make up for it. I kind of see the creature as staying still most of the time, then scattering like a small insect when threatened. That might be interesting behavior.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Imp + Baron + Vagary?

I wonder how strong this enermy will be.

I don't know it's HP, but I'd estimate seven direct rocket blasts or thirty-six thousand shuttlecocks should kill it.

Honestly, kinda what Clonehunter said: this fits Doom 3 way more than classic Doom. It instantly reminds of the maggot, vagary, vulgar, wraith, cherub, archvile and lost soul. Frankenmodel anyone?