• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

Havok & Activision

Check this out.

Quoted from Voodooextreme :

The boys at Havok sent over an announcement with news that it has signed a multi-game deal with Activision to use its physics technology. "We now have over 50 titles in development on all platforms using Havok physics to enhance gameplay and save time. Publishers now see the value of trustworthy and track tested middleware when getting multiple titles to market on different consoles and in different development centers. The decision to use middleware brings increasing returns for everyone as code is re-used and developers become familiar with it's use." said Hugh Reynolds, CEO of Havok. There's no word to which games will use it, however.

I know, not entirely Doom related but Activision has been id's only publisher since GT Software. Even if Doom does not get Havok some of the engine-licensed titles may.

Some awesome news here...From what I've seen of havok's stuff..The more games with this system the better..the math2 engine that UT2 uses, thats a havok product isn't it? (sorry kinda offtopic)
Physic in games is always a bit bodgy..not anymore =)

No Unreal's using Karma, while both Deus Ex II and Thief III are using Havok.

Havok's really, really good. I've tested it myself on MAX.

I don't know about your warezed copy of MAX, but mine comes with Havok included and a free trial of Reactor.

Originally posted by Zaldron
I don't know about your warezed copy of MAX, but mine comes with Havok included and a free trial of Reactor.

What is the Havoc?

As of now, Activision isn't publishing Doom 3. id hasn't announced a publisher for Doom 3 at all yet.

Originally posted by Linguica
As of now, Activision isn't publishing Doom 3. id hasn't announced a publisher for Doom 3 at all yet.

True, but I doubt Activision will let them go away. There might be some pretty intense negotiations right now...I can imagine Microsoft or Vivendi fighting for the rights...

*Gargle* MICROSOFT!? *hack* *wheeze*
Blarg! *gurgle*
/Me is having a seizure

Should I remind you people that id software is an independent group with so much money that they don't need a publisher except to distribute the game across the World?

It's not like Activision bought id, more like they acted as mailmen. Same would happen if either EA, Vivendi, Microsoft or Activision acquired the rights for this game.

id's one of the only game development companies in the world that's not chained to the PR guys of their respective publisher.