Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

99 demos this week.

Didier: Fixed. Thanks!

vdgg: Nevan's demo doesn't work for me, either (even with the 'old' WAD). Were there more than two versions of wos released?

Regarding secret exits, I've always thought of NM100 as a Speed category.

DoomHero's Pacifist run added. Thanks!

Well Andy, I spotted out that there's 2 runs in my Twlight Zone 2 map15 playthough. Can you delete the 7:55 run? As well as that txt file.

Also my profile isn't updated, I remember I have send a email to you by yahoo, saying that my birthplace added "Sanchong District" before "New Taipei........".

"Birthplace: Sanchong District, New Taipei, Taiwan"

If my demos is recieved from my new email, please reply!

I noticed some missing c-n stuff in doom2 tables. Are all doom2 stuffs supposed to be already at DSDA? Just wondering now that doom is being uploaded.

135 demos this week.

vdgg & Mad Butcher: Comment added to Nevan's demo and nashgore.zip added to the Info page. Thanks!

Daiyu: Profile updated. Regarding the twzone2 demos, when I get improvements that come in soon after the original, sometimes I'll put them together. That way, there won't be a bunch of slightly different times from the same person next to each other in the tables, but all the demos will still be archived. Do you not want the 7:55 to be there at all?

j4rio: I'm going directory by directory, alternating back and forth between DooM and DooM2, so there's still a bunch of stuff missing from both. For example, I just finished UV Fast for DooM2, so UV Max for DooM is now in progress.

BTW, does anyone know who made fa31-315? Compet-N seems to be down completely and Google isn't any help.

Looks like Ancalagon's speed run of ngmvmt1 map 16 was mistakenly entered as max.

Andy, I'd like to kindly ask you to add two demos of mine to the archive. First off, my Doom 2 MAP27 Nightmare 100% secrets demo, as it was kind of a bitch to make.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/56694-doom-2-map27-100-secrets-achieved/

And second, my failed Max attempt on Hell Revealed 2 MAP15, as it was going to be the demo of my life but a Mancubus survived a failed BFG blast and I didn't notice it.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=973965#post973965

Thanks a lot.

Andy Olivera said:
I'm going directory by directory, alternating back and forth between DooM and DooM2, so there's still a bunch of stuff missing from both. For example, I just finished UV Fast for DooM2, so UV Max for DooM is now in progress.

Well in that case I'm absolutely certain there are missing demos. Attached a pair I noticed.

stuff.zip

and map18 uv-speed in 1:09 by termrork is actually map25. :)
also the nm entries should be merged together. afaik there are no secrets in the wad, so labeling them as nm100 is superficial lawyerism. :)

Noob: I thought the time looked a tad short for that WAD. Thanks!

1ntru: I'll get the MAP27 demo in next week (sorry), however, the only HR2-15 demo I see in that thread is your 11:23, which is valid.

Grazza: Duh, why didn't I think to check the later demos for clues? Thanks! :-)

j4rio: I'll get those two in next week. Thanks!

Memfis: Fixed. Thanks!

dew: Yeah, I thought I remembered there not being any secrets, but PRBoom still displays 100% even if there aren't any, so that's how Red notes them in his text files. All fixed. Thanks!

Dear Andy:

I send the wrong lmp file of Vile Flesh map10 to you via yahoo, this is because I forget to put the txt file to the folder after some changes. The first lmp file can be ignored, just put the second one to DSDA please.

And just in case:

vf-10-606.zip

Some MM2 corrections, MAP05:
* m205-055 and m205-057 are Speed/Pacifists, so can be moved to the Pacifist section, leaving only the coop demo in the UV Speed section,
* 1:00 Pacifist by Oyvind has a wrong link (Radek's 1:08 NM demo can be downloaded instead)

m205-100.zip

Not sure if it's important or not, since there seems to be a bit of separation on Map30 of Kama Sutra, both of my runs are for the Adult Route. Only reason I'm pointing it out is because there's notations on what is Kid Route and what is Adult Route.

SAV88 & Daiyu & vdgg: All fixed. Thanks!

j4rio: I'll get them into the next update. Thanks!

Altima: I added the notation to your demos. I'm not sure I ever came up with a clear policy on what gets labeled, as only a few of them are. Thanks!

Hiya,

I noticed Rudy Jurjako's UV-Max demo for fortune.wad misses 3 kills. Also could you add my 2002ado e4m9 pacifist from here?

Thanks

Not to seem obsessive or anything, but has anyone else had problems accessing the site today? I kind of want to do more stroller demos, but I can't see which ones have already been done.

NoobBait said:

Not to seem obsessive or anything, but has anyone else had problems accessing the site today? I kind of want to do more stroller demos, but I can't see which ones have already been done.

I might be wrong, but I think that everytime site is inacessible like that it's because ANDY is updating it. :D