Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What are your thoughts of Alex Jones?

Personally, I get the impression that he's just a con-artist trying to make money off of people's fears. I highly doubt that he believes any of the crap he spouts. From what I can tell, he tries to make people illogically fearful, and then tells them to spread the "truth" and get as many people as possible to buy his DVDs. If the Illuminati as he portrays it was really real, wouldn't they have had him assassinated by now?

EDIT: fixed a typo in the title

Sodaholic said:

Personally, I get the impression that he's just a con-artist trying to make money off of people's fears. I highly doubt that he believes any of the crap he spouts.

I've wondered this myself, but I'm willing to grant that he does believe quite a bit of what he does say simply because he's been doing what he's done since he was like 22 or 23 and because he himself puts his movies up for free downloading. I'm sure he's not 100% in what he says, but rather the general idea "THEY are out to get US" he almost certainly believes.

If the Illuminati as he portrays it was really real, wouldn't they have had him assassinated by now?

Keep him alive and most people think he's a kook, kill him and he is a visionary martyr.

What I don't understand, is why are there people who actually believe him?

Because believing that some nefarious group is pulling the strings somewhere for better or worse means that someone or something is ultimately 'in control'. People don't like to think that the real world is as chaotic as it actually is. It allows people to think that even no matter how bad things may get, someone will fix everything and put things right.

Infurnus said:

He had another cameo in Waking Life, which is a cool film

Oh, I never did connect that guy between these movies. And only now did I check that their director is the same. Everything's coming together now...

Search youtube for:
vilemonkey alex jones
for lulz

I think he's a master in memetic warfar/information politics/SEO, and well read in history/politics with a mind wired to constantly stream impromptu/teleprompter-less paranoid political rants. Whatever you think his true political ties or true motive is, he has a lot of notable memetic power, being a huge media force behind Ron Paul.
He spreads info tactically, using multiple viral mediums (radio, movies, daily video shows, books etc), and targets hollywood stars (a scientology tactic) because they have large social networks that generate buzz and might have tried using Anonymous.
Isn't it socially healthy to have negative media targeted at the government to keep them in check? The government should fear the people, not the other way around. Its hard to apply the scientific method/evidence to history/politics, so it seems you have to make educated guesses/go with your gut, which is what he does. He predicted Rick Perry would run for president a long time ago because he attended Bilderberg.
Its hard to know which info sources are genuine, patsies, agent provocateurs, fbi/cia shills, religions, fake, have been infiltrated, etc (Anonymous, alex jones, ron paul, lulzsec, goatse security, wikileaks, zerohedge, lots of people saying the US is falling/dollar is dying etc), but I suspect some serious shit is going down with all this that's deeper than merely charlatans profiting off of a snowballing quasi religion.

For his recent youtubes, which tend to be better, search youtube for:
alex jones, today
I find it quite entertaining and it fiddles with my paranoia buttons.

He to me feels like Mancow (who used to be a Chicago shock jock). Its like Alex and Mancow have X amount of hours to fill so they just talk about shit to talk about shit and need to go against the grain.

I think a lot of Alex's guests just say what Alex wants to hear.

Meanwhile the hosts of Coast 2 Coast can have intelligent conversation about crazy stuff.

Every time I've ever heard Coast 2 Coast it's been full of wackos talking about UFOs, Jewish bank conspiracies, or stuff like John Titor. Doesn't seem too intelligent.

yukib1t said:

Wannabe libertarian or possibly a wannabe closet right-leaning anarchist. Very few things he has said make sense or seem credible.

He's definitely the later.

DoomUK said:

I have no idea who this guy is or what people are talking about.

I think they're talking about Aled Jones, but making a typo.

Infurnus said:

Alex Jones is a pretty good actor.

He had another cameo in Waking Life, which is a cool film

wow, what a bunch of weird cameos. now i gotta wonder if linklater's a nutjob as well or just a friend of his. the scanner darkly scene is actually very well done, it fits the theme to a t. phil dick was one of the few more paranoid people than alex jones, heh.

Did any of you fuckers complain about the Waking Life video? It was up two hours ago and now it's down after a copyright complaint from "dogwoof". WTF is this shit?

Its a conspiracy Spank...

As for Coast 2 Coast. Yep they talk about jewish bank conspiracies, UFOs and other stuff, but its more like they calmly talk about it with people instead of rant and rave about it. Kind of like the hosts and their callers can be calmly conversating about baseball. They don't get overly excited, they don't fear monger. But yes they do get total crackpots on there.

Coast 2 Coast also has bits of news that the real media doesn't pick up on for a year. Like the bird flu. They were warning everyone about the bird flu and mainstream media didn't pick up on it for a year.

Infurnus said:

Alex Jones is a pretty good actor.

Oh god, that movie was amazing.

I found that movie really boring and difficult to watch. Maybe I'll hafta see it again.

He's a right wing free market paleoconserative populist conspiracy theorist reactionary spreading misinformation to serve the right wing Ayn Randite "Libertarian" agenda.

In short he's nothing more than a fearmongering idiot.

geo said:

Its a conspiracy Spank...

As for Coast 2 Coast. Yep they talk about jewish bank conspiracies, UFOs and other stuff, but its more like they calmly talk about it with people instead of rant and rave about it. Kind of like the hosts and their callers can be calmly conversating about baseball. They don't get overly excited, they don't fear monger. But yes they do get total crackpots on there.

Coast 2 Coast also has bits of news that the real media doesn't pick up on for a year. Like the bird flu. They were warning everyone about the bird flu and mainstream media didn't pick up on it for a year.

Same with most pandemics we've had and other events. Even the fall of the economy was talked about 7 months before the stock market went down.

Eh stock market will always go down since day trading. I remember 13 years ago in my HS current events class (bullshit class). There was a stock crash of like 500 points. We had to research what was it black monday from the 1930s at the last crash and we had to theorize smoking guns for why the market crashed that day. Now there's been dozens of crashes so a crash doesn't matter in the big picture.

He does bring some important information to light. You still gotta really look into what's really true or not. I also think about how he profits. I get the impression he's playing a role. Herd a group of people together. Identify them. Divide and conquer.

Gokuma said:

He does bring some important information to light. You still gotta really look into what's really true or not. I also think about how he profits. I get the impression he's playing a role. Herd a group of people together. Identify them. Divide and conquer.

Well, his Bohemian Grove film was great.