Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGamingJunkie

Monster won't teleport. (Solved)

http://i51.tinypic.com/vqqhoj.png

I basically rigged it so that the monster (red one) would teleport ontop of a voodoo doll (green) if alerted. The idea is that the player would die if he drew attention, sort of like a sniper got him or something. Problem is, the monster won't teleport, with either the normal or monster only options. Thing is, with the regular teleporter, it works when I walk through it. Is there a reason the monster isn't?

Surround the voodoo doll with barrels and have the monster trigger a crusher which detonates them.

Didn't work, the monster walked right through the lines and the crusher didn't budge. Much like the teleporter, it works when I walk through the lines, though.

EarthQuake said:

Easy solution: set the map as MAP30. The monster will telefrag the player.

Hard issue if it was a megawad and this was an earlier map.

But if it was an alone one, yeah set it to MAP30. It is the only map that features this. Which describes why monsters at last map in TNT fails.

Not the way I would've liked it, but I guess a solution is a solution. Much obliged, he now dies when he draws attention to himself, as he should. =3

Can a monster telefrag a barrel? If so, you could have it telefrag a barrel that knocks a voodoo doll into another teleporter (housing another doll). Boom, dead player.

Edit: whoops! I completely forgot that monsters can't telefrag anything period unless it's on map30, a fact that made a teleport ambush on MM2's MAP30 fairly amusing.

Theoretically you could use a Boom generalized crusher triggered by the monster. Ironically those generalized crushers don't work in (pr)Boom(+).

Similar to the above. Make the monster trigger a lift that a voodoo doll is being pushed onto using a conveyor special. Set the lip of the lift to teleport the voodoo doll onto another voodoo doll. Earthquake used a similar setup for an example on random monster teleports.

I made a boom-compatible example that works in any map spot.

I used a cybie because that is one of the fastest walking monsters. Death is only 0.75 secs away if you shoot.

Funny enough, if you pick up the megasphere and shoot, you die but you still have 80/80 H/A. Is this some kind of vanilla bug?

http://www.mediafire.com/?qysp3q5u9yj1g7a