Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Not in my courtyard

Tried it, FDA. I had fun while playing, but somehow my two deaths felt frustrating and unfair enough that it kind of sucked out the motivation to play through it a third time.

Other than that, music was too loud. Dark areas were too dark. My feet are cold and I'm going to take a nap now.

Agreed, The ammo placement is a little tight for this monster setup. I died hopelessly cornered, trying to fist a chaingunner because I ran out of ammo.

if anything, at least add a berserk pack.

Thanks for comments everyone.

DoomHero85: There is also a rocket launcher. :) For those who miss it there is a hint: 2 rockets near the lift.

Phml: Unfair deaths indeed, especially the first one. I understand your frustration very well. About the music: I play with "sfx_volume 6" and "music_volume 5", sounds OK for me. Dark area is dark, yes, but it is just one area with low-tier monsters.

Grain of Salt: I was indeed inspired by Kama Sutra (mainly MAP13). I like its pseudo-realistic style. Blue armor is here but you need to choose the right door. Green armor can be seen through the window, so people shouldn't miss it.

gggmork: Nice work, you managed to survive after unlucky start and in many tight situations. It was a breathtaking demo for me, thanks! btw this map is for "-complevel 2".

Shadow Dweller: Berserk is in the first door on the right. Different routes aren't very balanced, so you need some luck (or good skill). I think it's OK for such short map.

Soon I'll release final version with some cosmetic fixes (mainly texture alignments).

About the music: I play with "sfx_volume 6" and "music_volume 5", sounds OK for me. Dark area is dark, yes, but it is just one area with low-tier monsters.

Don't worry, that part was mostly tongue in cheek. I did lower music down to half the sfx volume (I usually put each at the same) and increase gamma one notch, but I don't mind doing that stuff.

Updated first post with final (I think) version. Ammo/health balance remained untouched. Will upload to idgames in a few days.

This map is great! far too hard for me though, I died before I even got to the courtyard. I liked how the textures were different for each area, it felt nice to be in the gstone courtyard then go into a room with red brick or ick textures.

gggmork: Nicely done.

neubejiita and Foodles: Thanks! I'll make skills 1-3 easier so more people could enjoy this map.

It was good and quite original and well thought out but there's definitely NOT enough ammo,

the health is fine but playing with no ammo is very frustrating and makes you angry at the designer

There's plenty of ammo, you just gotta place your shots.

I liked it, challenging and well designed.