Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RestlessRodent

Did anyone feel that Earthquake?

I live in Ohio, and I felt my bed shaking a little bit, twice, before I got out of bed (which was about 2:00 PM). Dunno if that was an earthquake or what, though.

Philadelphia, ran out of my damn house once the windows started shaking and lights started swaying

Didn't feel a thing here in the Cleveland area. Surprised that it was Virginia though, especially a 5.8 / 5.9

It would appear the Atlantic Ocean has absorbed the shock. I also haven't touched the forum member in a while, so that's two "No"s.

Here in Virginia my family and some friends say they felt slight tremors it but my brother and I were off at university and didn't feel anything. When I got home a Wiimote I keep at the edge of a shelf had fallen on the floor.

Unfortunately though none of our Verizon phones are working so I'm here trying to route calls between non-Verizon people to make sure everyone's okay.

Technician said:
Nothing in Ontario. We did have a tornado, which is rare.

I think I felt it, the floor vibrated almost as much as it does when a truck drives by. My monitor wobbled a bit, too.

Technician said:

We did have a tornado, which is rare.

I just know I'm gonna get an earful of why an earthquake outside of California means the rapture is near.

However, earthquakes are going to be more harmful on the east coast since most buildings around here aren't up to earthquake code

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-08-23/Earthquake-rocks-East-Coast/50107542/1

DuckReconMajor said:

I just know I'm gonna get an earful of why an earthquake outside of California means the rapture is near.

OHMYGOD JEBUS WAS WRIGHT!

I was actually talking to Pavera when he experienced the earth quake. Apparently lasted 20 seconds for him. Didn't stop him from playing Deus Ex 3 though. Glad it didn't affect Washington because my desktop is right on the edge of my desk. Could have been pretty bad.

nothing in Vegas. But then, about the only dangerous natural disaster that can happen around here is floods, and the city's got big enough ditches to take care of them.

Living in New Rochelle,NY.

Felt it for a split second while taking a nap,nothing much.
People in California get tons of earthquakes,and they completely ignore it.

The news said that buildings in Providence needed to be evacuated, and I'm 40 minutes away and felt nothing.

My whole house was shaking, which was pretty fun. Nothing got knocked over or anything, but was still enough to make me jump out of my chair in a bit of a panic, considering how rare it is to see an earthquake here in Virginia (note: I don't recall any previous occasion in my 22 years of life where a noticable earthquake hit my area).

Apparently though my place of work (Target, yaaaaaay) had a sizable amount of damage done, resulting in many ceiling panels falling down, and entire aisles wobbling, resulting in large quantities of damaged goods. The store had to be shut down for a few hours to ensure the building's safety. Luckily I have the day off so I don't have to deal with any of it! :D

Nothing felt here in Minnesota.

I never seem to experience earthquakes, even when I'm in hotspots for them. I spent three days in Christchurch in February this year (staying at the Grand Chancellor), and there was nothing over 3 on the Richter Scale.

They said they felt the earthquake at Umass, Amherst, MA, but I didn't feel a thing up on the hill in nearby Whately, MA .

I moved to Los Angeles at the beginning of the month. I'm waiting for an earthquake... For as much time as I've spent in this city, the only earthquake I've felt occurred in St. Charles, Missouri.

Also, didn't feel that earthquake over here!

Nothing in South Florida, just the usual BOOM-BOOM car stereos that shake the buildings anyway.

I'm in Maryland and we felt the shaking for a good 20 seconds. Extremely rare for this area. At first I thought it was just somebody downstairs moving heavy furnature.. but then it just kept going and got a little more violent. No damage, though. Was weird.

Toronto news states that the tremor was apparent in the city. I find it odd I'd miss something like a tremor. We have a lot of construction near my house (new highway), so maybe I'm a little desensitized to a mild shake.