Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

old guard represent!

spank said:

...Deadnail!...

I think you spelt deadnail wrong. wasn't he the one that insisted that his name be spelt with a lowercase D?

Anyway, Despite what the registration date says under my username, I like to think that I didn't really "join" the forum until sometime around '08-'09 ish. So I guess I'm not really "old guard" material.

I am familiar with some of the history of the site though, I've probably never experienced most of it, though I've probably read the some of the historical threads once or twice for the sake of lulz.

Shadow Dweller said:

I think you spelt deadnail wrong. wasn't he the one that insisted that his name be spelt with a lowercase D?

Indeed:

I notice a distinct lack of dn in this thread, despite him being the thread poster.

I suspect he'd only come back to say we monged his thread up. Then not post for months.

Where the hell is B.P.R.D? I always wanted to express my utter amazement at the magnificence that is Grove.wad

Or FooFoo as his name was last set to

He posted not too long ago. I'm sure he's just having a life of some kind.

darknation said:

Actually, I regard you as a man who I educated and went on to be a valuedmemeber of the community. God I am drunk

I'd be more valued if I actually released(finished) something. At least Esselfortium loves me.

Am I considered an old sonofabitch now?

...also this is probably the first time in a few years I've posted.

Thanks to all my time on these forums in the past, I always do this big idiotic

EDIT:

thing on any other forum, whenever I add stuff to a post I already made, instead of just editing it and not feeling the need to declare to the world that I did so.

Damn you, doomworld.

rf` said:

I'd be more valued if I actually released(finished) something. At least Esselfortium loves me.

What? I thought you were the one who released Mapgame. That was a pretty fun episode (aside from those pesky sentry guns).

Lizardcommando said:

What? I thought you were the one who released Mapgame. That was a pretty fun episode (aside from those pesky sentry guns).

How many years ago was that? :V

I've had an account since 04 but didn't really start posting until Phoebus effectively banned everyone from NewDoom by making it a pay-to-post site. I lurk there every now and then and am surprised to find people still bother to post there. Mostly just Doom_Dude and Aliotroph?, and Boingo the Clown--all of which are basically the only regulars that Phoebus didn't literally ban forever after we rebelled for him being such a dickwad.

Oh well, though. Good riddance. Doomworld is a decent enough place.

I think a moderator at the time took strong exception to it, and deleted the thread.

Taylor's masterpiece found enough support among other forum staff that it was reposted.

Grazza said:

I think a moderator at the time took strong exception to it, and deleted the thread.

Taylor's masterpiece found enough support among other forum staff that it was reposted.

I think it was dsm. He was kind of a dick. The "No Fun Allowed" kind.

darknation said:

how many of the old guard are still around? Been skimming through my old posts for comedy gold, seems quite a few people have dropped off the map .

Post and be counted, olde farts who remember the flamefest of Religion and Politics.

I'm a seriously old fart these days...

I was 18 when I registered on here... now I'm 28...

Danarchy said:

I think it was dsm. He was kind of a dick. The "No Fun Allowed" kind.

He was German, to be fair :P

Remember his story, though? That was awesome.

I also remember a Free Hissy video with a "Mewse Cameo", he came down from the top of the screen, but then fell off and said "ow". Me and my brother still quote "...oh ...ow" to each other now and then.

Oh also the Blair Imp Project. And somebody's edited "Imp Bizkit" shoop.

I remember back when there was a "Free Hissy" geocities-style gif on the site.

Also, there were Ling's comics way back in the day.

Speaking of comics, there was the Green Pile and dn's Sperm Bank. Oh, and Nanami and Hyena's shitty comics.