Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuri04

girls who play doom

does anyone know any girls who play doom or at least know it or like it? i don't. maybe there are a few in this forum lol

yellowmadness54 said:

Anyways... this something I usually expect from yahoo answers...

^

Obviously there's a few of us, though I can only think of one other that sometimes pokes around the forum. People of all genders, races, religions, nationalities, political views, sexual orientations, careers, ages, etc etc play this game... killing demons is just a universally fun thing.

eargosedown said:

^

Obviously there's a few of us, though I can only think of one other that sometimes pokes around the forum. People of all genders, races, religions, nationalities, political views, sexual orientations, careers, ages, etc etc play this game... killing demons is just a universally fun thing.

Well, I'm not sure what you are meaning by this (not sure if you are agreeing with me, or getting the wrong idea of what I'm saying)

I mean, like, on yahoo answers it will become littered with questions like this IE "Are there any girls who listen to metal?" "Girls who play CoD" etc etc

What difference does it make?

There are three broad categories of girls who play Doom:
- The attention-seeking teenage girl who thinks if she goes in a hive of dorks she'll get to be the queen bee without any effort, just by repeating often that she's a girl she'll get her harem of boys. If you want to meet people like that, Skulltag is a good place.
- The man pretending to be a girl from the above category, just for shits and giggles. Doomworld has had a history of them.
- The girl who'd rather not be lumped with either of the above categories and therefore will not advertise her sex. There might be some, but how would you know? They certainly won't post it in this thread. (Edit: oops, eargoesdown did post.)

yellowmadness54 said:

Well, I'm not sure what you are meaning by this (not sure if you are agreeing with me, or getting the wrong idea of what I'm saying)

"^" as in an arrow denoting the above as being your thoughts, similar to "QFE (Quoted for Emphasis)"

Gez also hit the nail on the head. There's a lot of really annoying immature nerds out there that get very stalky. The Doom community is at least somewhat mature (well, sorta.)

A (female) friend of mine knows next to nothing about games, computers and whatnot. But she does know what Doom is. And she played the shareware back in the day.

So yeah, I can prove such creatures exist.

My sister once played doom (with IDDQD on) and drew a picture of a cyberdemon dressed up like a whore. Does that count?

My younger sister played Doom quite often back in the day. She beat the Saturn version from beginning to end, that's saying something considering the shitty port. We also did some network games back when we lived at home.

My brother and I used to LAN deathmatch with mum regularly when not in school.

If you want to hook literally millions of girls on Doom, wait until they make a facebook game out of it. The kind where you collect Zynga points, dawg.

If you can see women that are FPS game developers (check) or FPS cyberathletes (check) then you can also expect that some girls make DOOM levels or play DOOM online, more or less proportionately to the size of the community.

eargosedown said:

"^" as in an arrow denoting the above as being your thoughts, similar to "QFE (Quoted for Emphasis)"

Well yeah, I knew that. But the way you wrote the following was kinda, oh nevermind.

Anyways, no one cares if a girl plays a game. I don't really get the point of making sure no one is oblivious to the fact you're a girl when you play games.

Yeah, girls have hands, too.

My little sister is a fan of Doom, we play XBOX classic Doom, Doom 2 and Master Levels quite a bit. We even play Skulltag from time to time.

I don't even know any guys who are Doomers. Come to think of it, I know very few people who play anything other than CoD (or some other equally boring equivalent). As far as i'm concerned I'm the only real human who plays Doom.

yuri04 said:

does anyone know any girls who play doom or at least know it or like it?

Two very talented women DooMers who are very active in (G)ZDooM mod development, etc. are Eruanna and L'il White Mouse.

the multiplayer port communities have quite a lot of girls, although all of them are men with fake photos.

Marnetmar said:

Didn't Tim Willits' sister originally design some of the E4 levels?

She did 3 of the maps in the Raven series, tag-teamed with her brother to do Attack and Canyon for the Master Levels, and apparently did the original layout of E4M5 (according to an email printed on the un-official Master Levels FAQ).

Reminds me - programming lesson maybe sometime during last year. Female teacher was teaching some stuff I've long since forgotten about. She was talking about dos and old windows, when somehow during a long monologue she mentioned that games like doom or such required it to work. And then that question... "Anybody of you knows doom?" followed by awkward silence. Made me giggle, although I figured it would be wise to just contribute to the silence.

Xaser said:

You are either a lying sonofagun or a lucky bastard.

What makes me a "lucky bastard" is that I found a female who will put up with my stupid shit! The 'Doom' thing is only a bonus. ;)

She used to deathmatch with me but it's been awhile. She prefers to play single and run around getting all the secrets and whatnot.

Knows the IWAD maps like the back of her hand. I thought she would be good for the DTWID project but she had no interest.