Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

j4rio said:

:P

cchest3 32 max 4:29

ahah excellent!
good that the second arch came closer and that at beginning the yk room was opened, kinda saved some time too ;)

I am posting here to announce that a new version of the Community Chest 2 MAP24 patch (cc2_m24f.wad) has been released. It does quite a bit of bugfixing on the level to polish it up, including removing the unreachable crate secrets, all while maintaining compatibility with the non-ZDoom demos already recorded on it. You can download it here, and read its text file for details. (The correct WAD file should be dated 8/18/2011 7:01 PM and have D1542C78 for its CRC32 hash.)

To accompany this release, I am publishing a new UV -nomonsters demo for the level. It is ten seconds faster than Doomdaniel95's demo at the DSDA, due to extra precision. If you're wondering why I'm not comparing it to Hock's, please read my demo's text file. With that said, enjoy!

c224o109.zip - UV -nomonsters on MAP24: The Mucus Flow by B.P.R.D in 1:09

The Green Herring said:

It does quite a bit of bugfixing on the level to polish it up, including removing the unreachable crate secrets, all while maintaining compatibility with the non-ZDoom demos already recorded on it.

I had a fast look and could reach all monsters, all secrets before blocked and the (in)famous switch in the green muld (i forgot which was the teleport to get the supercharge secret, but that was alway working in the previous fixes patches so im sure it does now too)
but.
I wondered about the partial invisibility near the red key area, the one which is clipped in the top part of a green slime-fall (how to call those waterfalls? :p ) you can see it on the map at the MOST right side, if you turn on iddt ull see the yellow dot for it, but for me was not accessible (not that I think this would be bad at all, I rarely use those spheres)

or I missed the switch or way to let it fall down to reach it?

blob1024 said:

i wondered about the partial invisibility near the red key area, the one which is clipped in the top part of a green slime-fall (how to call those waterfalls? :p ) you can see it on the map at the MOST right side, if you turn on iddt ull see the yellow dot for it, but for me was not accessible (not that I think this would be bad at all, I rarely use those spheres)

or I missed the switch or way to let it fall down to reach it?

There's no switch that lets you do this, but you can get it anyway if you touch the part of the item's collision box sticking out through the fall — which is to say, you should run into the right side of the fall to get it. Attached to this post is a demo which shows that this is possible.

Also, I updated the UV -nomonsters 1:09 demo's text file to specify the -complevel (-complevel 9, or Boom compatibility,) because I forgot to do it last time. Whoops! You can download it again if you want. :)

c224invi.zip

blob1024 said:

argh will be even harder now ahaha! nice time btw :>
will probably take more than a few hours now, so ive to postpone till im back from holidays, leaving in some hours ;)
bb everyone!

community chest III
Map31 uvmax 11:53*

*current DSDA record

hating the map, first record exit, but It's pretty annoying and speedrunning unfriendly with so less health and armour in second half.

a small bump for ANDY, he forgot to add this demo lmp in the last update :o

Sorry to burst your bubble, guys, but this looks like an invalid max. I checked without smart HUD and saw that there was still 1 monster left, presumably one who was revived by an arch-vile but wasn't noticed by the player.

But, at least this isn't Compet-N.

Wow, cool.

Eh, I wonder if it makes qaatar record it below his 45 minute mark. Just reproducing the part until he blew himself seems utterly flustrating.

j4rio said:

Wow, cool.

Eh, I wonder if it makes qaatar record it below his 45 minute mark. Just reproducing the part until he blew himself seems utterly flustrating.

yea, killing most of the revenants from the top platform was a nice idea in the run
maybe he'll give a try :p

nicely done, I was always dead not waiting in the hut for a while for infightings
but thanks for showing this was instead possible
will retry the map after next holidays :)

brr that gave me the creeps
beutifully executed, and how wrong were me&anima about the optimal time here.
demo of the year? :p

Ancalagon said:

should i do under 20? this is the 1st exit i got playing the map, after a entire day

yea I remember playing this map was rather difficult, but once you are at it, reaching the final areas becomes more frequent.
about improving the time any further, i'd say it depends on your patience and free time :>
this is already awesome after all imho

blob1024 said:

brr that gave me the creeps
beutifully executed, and how wrong were me&anima about the optimal time here.
demo of the year? :p

This demo is really very good, most likely Ancalagon's best performance, but I don't wanna go on a rant here. Maybe we could just try and bring the Cyber Awards back? (:

Ancalagon said:

riz!, you are not in irc >:(

I wish I could! I'm on a work trip and all I got is my notebook with no Irc, Doom or whatsoever D:

Will only get back on friday, friday.

Ancalagon said:

but somehow you watched that demo

I have just installed PrBoom but I can't play with no mouse. D:

I'm addicted in a way that I download cchest3 just to watch it. I have just installed IRC but it won't let me connect for some reason!