Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foodles

Uncaged - Mega Wad In Progress - Testers wanted

If you want to help out by testing then PM me or post in the thread.

UnCaged is the new name for unleashed, after I realised that someone else was already working on a project called Unleashed

I aim to make 32 maps for Doom2, using prboom+. I would describe the style as semi-classic, that is classic maps that have a modernish look and feel about them, since I usually run out of steam after working on a level for a few days the maps will be quite small but will feature challenging gameplay#

Status
=================================
MAP01 - 100% 1 2
MAP02 - 100% 1 2
MAP03 - 100% 1 2 3 4
MAPO4 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP05 - 100% 1 2
MAP06 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP07 - 100% 1
MAP08 - 100% 1 2 3 4 5 6
MAP09 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP10 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP11 - 100% 1 2
MAP12 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP13 - 100% 1 2 3 4 5
MAP14 - 100% 1 2
MAP15 - 100% 1 2 3 4
MAP16 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP17 - 100% 1 2
MAP18 - 100%
MAP19 - 0%
MAP20 - 0%
MAP21 - 0%
MAP22 - 0%
MAP23 - 1%
MAP24 - 0%
MAP25 - 0%
MAP26 - 0%
MAP27 - 25%
MAP28 - 100% 1 2 3
MAP29 - 0%
MAP30 - 0%

I'm over halfway and plan to finish this wad with 32 maps however long that may take. Progress has slowed since the start of summer and so I really can't say when it will be finished but I am activeley working on it.

MAP29 is available to download as a demo although many people may have already played it (its mount doom)
http://www.mediafire.com/?45gz0alc4kw6161

Cool. Looking forward to it. Can never have enough classic megawads. :)

So I take it E1 is "Thy Flesh Consumed" styled, E2 consists of tech bases, and E3 is hell?

Memfis said:

Nice classic look, I'd love to playtest it.

Great, I'll send some PM's to the people who are interested at some point, probably once I've wrapped up map15.

@ Deathvokation
The "episodes" fit around the intermission texts that appear after MAP7, 11 and 20. during the course of the wad the player will venture to hell and back, then back into hell. The first 4 maps are brown mountain base, then maps 5-11 will be gothic hell, similar to thy flesh consumed I suppose, althought thats not what I would have naturally described them as. The maps 12-20 are planned to be more techbases, maybe with more of a dark metal theme and I might throw in a token city level or two. Then the last 9 maps are planned to be red-rock hell.

Looking great so far. I'm not asking about the difficulty of the megawad, but if map30's going to be an Icon of Sin sort-of map, will it be short as the rest, or will the player have to deal with a few remaining pockets of resistance before the boss?

Wow, it will be the year of the megaWADs: Jenesis, Progressive Fiction (a.k.a. Haedephobia), Reverie and even this one.

Hmmm, I've always loved megaWADs. It looks also a good one.

wow. i'm not usually a fan of such a minimalist visual style, but your mapping is so clean that it really appeals to me just as much as anything else. quite looking forward to this one.

Just played the demon level for a few minutes, and the gameplay is top notch.
Can't wait for the whole thing to be finished!

gun_psycho said:

Looking great so far. I'm not asking about the difficulty of the megawad, but if map30's going to be an Icon of Sin sort-of map, will it be short as the rest, or will the player have to deal with a few remaining pockets of resistance before the boss?

MAP30 will probably be a small map as I often feel that its MAP29 that should, traditionally, be the longest and possibly hardest level which is why the current MAP29 for this project (mount Doom), may get shunted down to MAP28.

Valkiriforce said
I just went on a screenshot-clicking-frenzy and I gotta say lookin' good.

Thanks, I basically just copied the layout of your thread for Reverie, hope you don't mind ;)

I'm now up to 18 maps so over halfway however I need more testers as at present there is only one person other than me who has played these maps

Also, I can't figure out how to change the level names using DeHackEd so if anyone wants to take a look at the embedded dehacked patch in slumped or something and tell me where I'm going wrong it would be much appreciated :)

should mention again that this wad uses prboom+

The megawad has really blown up this year and I love it. PRCP, CC4, DCV, Reverie, pc_cp, RoD, jenisis, mattdog's project, progfic, 1994TU, and now this. Plus I think nt was working on something.

Good god.

Hey! I remember these maps! I playtested this a long time ago, but I'm afraid I didn't help much (sorry). I liked what I saw that time if I remember correctly, except for misaligned textures. I wish you good luck on this project.

P.S. I really liked Knee deep in the undead. It inspired me to make a E1 replacement (wich I've been working on for almost 2 years and I'm still far from finished :P)

Heh, forgot this project existed.

Snakes said:

The megawad has really blown up this year and I love it. PRCP, CC4, DCV, Reverie, pc_cp, RoD, jenisis, mattdog's project, progfic, 1994TU, and now this. Plus I think nt was working on something.

Doomworld - Megawads 'R' Us.

I'd be interested in testing these maps, as long as it's okay to do so on a slow/at my leisure basis (as I'm testing another project too plus real life is busy).

I can say that I really do like your classic, simple map styles. :)

If interested please PM me or email to bdl816@aol.com.

This looks pretty good! Whenever you get round to finishing it I'll be sure to check this out!

You know, the more of these megawad threads I see, the more I want to make one...

I'm sending PM's to people, fixed the dehacked issue so the level names should show up on the automap now

@dannebubinga I fixed the alignment issues