Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakes

Doom Core Demos [-complevel 2]

Hitherto said:

Btw, "DC" prefix is conflicting with DARKCVNT demos. May be better will take "CO" or "CR" or something similar, "CORE"-accented?

oh jesus i've watched all the post dozen of times and somehow I hadn't noticed this.
anyway, was "dcv" already used for anything else? or it does make troubles like the "dc" prefix? else I may as well change the next uploads in co or w/e else (the .wad itself its named dcv after all)

I'm not sure if it has been used for anything else, but using a long filename makes it not DOS-compatible, so your demos will need to be renamed to be played back with some exes. Also, it isn't obvious at a glance which digits represent the time, and which are the map number.

Other than that, it's nice to have standardized naming, rather than each player using a different convention. Some of us have tens of thousands of demos on our hard-disks, and regularized naming allows us to organize things for conveniently, and see at a glance what has been done on each wad.

Grazza said:

I'm not sure if it has been used for anything else, but using a long filename makes it not DOS-compatible

uh umh i see, am I using already "too long" filenames btw?
most of the times its a 3-4 word for the wad name so:

wad-xx-yy-zz

where
wad stands for name of the wad
xx stands for the map (01-32)
yy stands for minutes
and zz for seconds

I hope not many around had troubles cus of this! and yea, using standardized naming would be prolly the best
haven't used the "co", as I missed the reason for which it was done in first place. :(

"Long" in the sense of not DOS-compatible means more than 8 characters. The name for your latest demo would be co12-426.lmp - the name conveys a lot of information, and will be accepted by Doom2.exe.

DCV wad
map13 uvmax 05:17**

considering map14 Id like to ask the favour of somebody else to check if only 50% secrets are possible there
couldnt find other areas flagged as secrets, but I'm rather poor in mapping knowledges.

edit: nvm found the second one now :)

co13-517.zip

very close to it, but out of patience
Im sure 01:45 is doable, and rizera with a few looks on my run can score it, saved a few sec in a few rooms, but then lost in the ending ;)

DCV wad
map15 uvmax 01:51

co15-151.zip

hitscanners. usually I don't really mind them, but handling few rooms here was tough.

DCV wad
map16 uvmax 14:21**

ps: just thought I wasted 10s~ to press the final switch in the wanted way, and not from the below.. well I'm anyway a bit reluctant taking advantage of that system in general :x

co161421.zip

blob1024 said:

DCV wad
map16 uvmax 14:21**

Hahaha, been longing for you to do this map! :D

It looks SO outdated and/or oldschool. I remember when I first had a look at it and had no idea where to go. Cool run :)

ooh man... I'm so happy about this result here, I was seriously getting very very-nervous about this map and my inadequate ability

DCV wad
map17 uvmax 01:48*

ps: I admit I tried my best here, compared to the other maps so far. I'm not a "focused" doomer after all

co17-148.zip

Nice job, guys. That map's really odd in that a run can be a dud in spite of everything going right... tough to explain. I knew my run was beatable for a couple of reasons (such as entering the wrong teleporter at one point).

will look at that map again once im done with the other maps, or will slow down by a lot how the playing currently is *cough cough

Revved said:

I'm actually having a bit of trouble with Map 30. Not that it's hard, but I can only get 91/165 kills on this level. This wasn't a problem in the earliest release of the WAD, where you could kill all the enemies in the map. However, they just refuse to teleport in this version. Should we make it as a rule that the highest possible kill percentage in this level is 55%?

the author released today (?) a new patched version, which will fix the trouble of the level. If I got him right he posted something about it somewhere here, and will explain himself everything about it.
The other levels will stay intact btw, without comp troubles of any sort compared to the "dcvold.wad"

another very nice map to max in my opinion. not so good in similar narrow paths, but this worked out rather nice after all. happy about the decision in terms of ammo usage and enemy infighting here.

DCV wad
map21 uvmax 03:38**

co21-338.zip

woah! too bad for the short fall near the end, but everything else went fair

btw can someone explain if mancubus got hit by seargeant at beginning or if it was directly aggressive towards the spider?

DCV wad
map22 uvmax 03:13*

co22-313.zip

recorded on my bday o/
still, I dunno how good or bad this actually is, the waiting or the waste of time for last monsters are rather "normal" here. At first I thought j4's was something like first exit, and it probably is, but I couldnt get a sub5 yet, even tho some attempts looked awesomely faster and in the end they were not D:
will keep playing some time more tomorrow this map after work

DCV wad
map23 uvmax 05:07*

co23-507.zip

dunno how much can still be digged here, maybe a couple of seconds.
this requires the patched newer version of dcv.wad posted by valk in the thread btw

DCV wad
map30 uvmax 01:45**

co30-145.zip