Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phobosdeimos1

Boom Compatible WADs with new monsters/weapons

Can you suggest some examples of WADs that are boom-compatible which contain new monsters and/or weapons?

The only one I'm aware of is UAC Ultra.

It's just interesting to me to see the full extent of what you can do in Boom when it comes to adding new elements of gameplay.

I believe Scythe X also has some new monsters but they only show up at the end of the last map. I don't know if anyone knows what Erik Alm was going to do with them.

Deus Vult II has some new monsters as well.

Hmm, I seem to recall a Boom mapset that had some stationary sentry guns. Not sure if they were Boom enhanced or not though. Can't remember the name of the PWAD, but the story had you going to rescue a girl, and her (anime-like) picture was shown on a monitor in start area.

hex11 said:

Hmm, I seem to recall a Boom mapset that had some stationary sentry guns. Not sure if they were Boom enhanced or not though. Can't remember the name of the PWAD, but the story had you going to rescue a girl, and her (anime-like) picture was shown on a monitor in start area.

I think you might be thinking of The Mars Missions. You don't see an anime girl's face in the start area, but later on in the first level, shortly after a spot where you deactivate a plasma-shooting sentry gun. This is actually a vanilla WAD.