Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

Any megawads that make good use of 667 bestairy?

Just asking, as most megawads I've stumbled upon so far have been 100% vanilla (which is good).

I'd preferably like a megawad that includes the Cheogh from Blood in it, but any suggestions are welcome.

I'm working on a WAD that makes use of the Realm 667 monsters. I plan on including 1-2 new monsters per episode as well as 1 boss monster.

-_DLD_- said:

I'm working on a WAD that makes use of the Realm 667 monsters. I plan on including 1-2 new monsters per episode as well as 1 boss monster.

Nice. Any approximate release dates? I'm not being pushy whatsoever, just curious.

I'm working on 2 wads that have Realm667 stuff. Dunno about the release dates, though. PsychoPhobia and Alkylation use a lot of Realm667 stuff, too, both of which are still beta.

Platinum Shell said:

Nice. Any approximate release dates? I'm not being pushy whatsoever, just curious.

I honestly have no idea; I take forever to get shit done, but I've got a project thread up that has alpha test builds for anyone willing to take a gander. The current build has 4 maps plus the boss map for episode 1.

This is a good question. Um, I can't say I've encountered many megaWADs that utilize much of the 667 bestiary...As for the Cheogh beast, I can only think of a 3-level WAD that uses him as a boss:

Megawads, though...hmmm...

Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos features a mix of 667 beastiary and classic monsters. The battles are invasion-style, and I recommend playing on a low difficulty setting if you're going to play "Stronghold" in single player mode.

ZPack: Random Maps for ZDoom features 2 beastiary monsters (don't remember which ones).

That's all I can think of. I can think of plenty multi-level WADs that utilize beastiary monsters, but I'm not so sure that's what you want to know about.

Knee Deep in ZDoom.

EDIT: I don't know if you'd consider that a megawad though. It's only the length of one DOOM 1 episode. Depends on your definition.

Scoredoom has an add-on pack that can let you play the megawads and the IWADs with realm667 monsters (among a few... unique ones) along with powerups and four of the vanilla weapons having alternate fire modes.

scoredoom.com

Try it if it suits you.

fullmetalvaran33 said:

ZPack: Random Maps for ZDoom features 2 beastiary monsters (don't remember which ones).

There's a lot more than just 2 in there. Most of the monsters from Demon Eclipse and Knee Deep in ZDoom turn up at least once, which probably puts the nubmer around 20 or so.

The problem that the OP will be confronting here is that most people who make ZDoom .WADs never really make 32 map megawads... and those that did made them before the bestiary existed.

Aeons of Death makes a pretty good use by utilizing all of them and more in its gameplay