Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bcwood16

New monster ideas (MOD)

Hello to all!

New here, but been lurking with no account for many years, until now!

I have been messing about with the Doomsday engine and decided to see if I could import and create a replacement monster.

As I have not done any game characters or animation, I thought I would start of with something simple, such as robot. As a result I ended up with Bender from Futurama! (he is mostly evil, so fitted in well lol)

I recorded a quick in game movie so you guys can see what you think

http://youtu.be/-LErX7pkQEY

He is only a mess about model, but if you guys like him, let me know.

I am tempted to make a few other monster replacements, but not 3D re-makes of the originals as thats what Doom Ascension is doing - which is looking amazing by the way.

My monster replacements would be just for fun and something different. I dont have many ideas at the moment, but I am thinking an evil robot theme?

I could also most likely change a few things such as monsters firing stuff they usually dont, change health etc. This would obviously change/effect vanilla gameplay, but we are all pretty good at Doom now, so maybe mixing things up a bit may be a new challenge.

Its all early days and dont know were to take this if I do decide to do more?

Suggestions/ideas appreciated?

It looks surprisingly good.

I'd love to see mechs, since I hate mechs and destroying them in Doom would be awesome.

Looks good, but very cartoony (duh, it is a cartoon character). It would only fit if all the other monsters had a similar style.

Thanks for feedback.

It is cartoon-y, but as stated it is a cartoon lol

Bender would most likely not be part of a monster pack as the model was a bit rushed and I dont think he will fit in with other robots - if any added.

Dont know how serious my models would look, as my texture work is not the best and this is what makes a model look decent, especially as low poly as the ones needed for MD2 format - I shall try my best.

U.A.C mech's gone out of control (similar to Terminator's story) may be fun, a little serious so should fit in with Doom style, but also be different enough to play with??

As for voice pack for Bender - was thinking about this, may add it as an experiment, but was not sure about copy right? If I made a proper replacement monster, then yes new sounds will be added.

Hey bcwood It's good to see you here and its great to see you contribute to the Doom community with your exceptional talent... I've got an idea. You should put your Starship Enterprise in as a spider mastermind replacement. That would be hilarious.

NiuHaka said:

Hey bcwood It's good to see you here and its great to see you contribute to the Doom community with your exceptional talent... I've got an idea. You should put your Starship Enterprise in as a spider mastermind replacement. That would be hilarious.

LOL - The last time I checked the triangle limit on that, it was 700,000!! Im not an expert, but think that may kill the Doomsday engine!! - I would have to create a 'lite' version :)

ummmm.....I wonder red t-shirt guys with phasors!