Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acid

Confinement 512

This was completed before I started Panophobia ;)

---

Similar to Congestion 384/64, and Claustrophobia 1024/2, Confinement512 offers 7 new maps fit into a 512x512 area. Except, this time, NOTHING the player sees can be outside the area. Play WITHOUT jump, nor crouching. This has taken me about 2 weeks.

What's inside: conf512.wad and conf512.zip

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/conf512.zip (101,470 bytes)

Trying the FTP on DW, but I'm still waiting.

I'm still waiting for the MegaWAD that's 32 maps that consist of a square that's too small to walk around in.

Gave this a shot and I have to say that, at times, there doesn't seem to be enough ammo. For example, in map 4, I had to chainsaw throught the three Revenants in the sewer, then a Baron of Hell. battles are a bit questionable in terms of the fairness. Map 1 is just insane with the Chaingunner assaulting you from behind while a Knight storms you from the front. Map 5 ends with three Arch-Viles, a group of Revenants, some Knights, a couple Barons, a Pain Elemental. They don't all appear at once, but, enough of them occupy the cramped space to make finishing the map a bit of a pain.

fullmetalvaran33 said:

Gave this a shot and I have to say that, at times, there doesn't seem to be enough ammo. For example, in map 4, I had to chainsaw throught the three Revenants in the sewer, then a Baron of Hell. battles are a bit questionable in terms of the fairness. Map 1 is just insane with the Chaingunner assaulting you from behind while a Knight storms you from the front. Map 5 ends with three Arch-Viles, a group of Revenants, some Knights, a couple Barons, a Pain Elemental. They don't all appear at once, but, enough of them occupy the cramped space to make finishing the map a bit of a pain.

Thanks for the reply :)

For the first map, it was intended for you to jump off the ledge, since you had that anti-radiation suit.

In MAP04, I don't think that there should have been THAT much of an ammo shortage.

I admit that for MAP05, it was luck based whether or not you hit the switch with the viles.

BloodyAcid said:

Thanks for the reply :)

For the first map, it was intended for you to jump off the ledge, since you had that anti-radiation suit.

In MAP04, I don't think that there should have been THAT much of an ammo shortage.

I admit that for MAP05, it was luck based whether or not you hit the switch with the viles.

Hmm, maybe I wasted to many shots in map 4. Can't remember, though.

Grain of Salt said:

Well, that's the last time I make you a bespoke megawad.

I was just playing around with you, of course...though I really do hope that doesn't become a trend.