Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheEndOfUs

Urgent! Port with FULL joypad support?

I managed to fuck up my laptop by spilling hot coffee, water & beer at it... all at the same time!. That crazy machine still boot however, but the keys dont work. So, Im looking for a port with full gamepad support. I can play Doom64ex & its awsome, but Im missing my daily Classic Doom fix. Tried zDoom, but it wont let me bring up the menu when Im ingame. Someone out there who can help or may know what to do? Thanks a bunch!

TheEndOfUs said:

I managed to fuck up my laptop by spilling hot coffee, water & beer at it... all at the same time!

Is this a Kenan and Kel episode?

Whats wrong with experimenting a little? Some dude I knew did beer + cornflakes a couple of times. Anyway, I tried chocolate doom, but it doesnt like my xbox360 controller very much.

An USB keyboard will probably serve you better, unless you start looking for browsers and word processors with full joypad support, too...

TheEndOfUs said:

Tried zDoom, but it wont let me bring up the menu when Im ingame.

I am almost certain that the start button on a XBox360 controller brings up the menu in ZDoom, having tested one out myself once or twice.

TheEndOfUs said:

Whats wrong with experimenting a little? Some dude I knew did beer + cornflakes a couple of times.

I once tried putting vodka in my milk for cornflakes... didn't enjoy the taste that produced at all.

Also, I'd take Maes' advice - or just send the laptop in for repairs/get it replaced.

Phobus said:

I am almost certain that the start button on a XBox360 controller brings up the menu in ZDoom, having tested one out myself once or twice.

Yeah, thats what I thought too, sadly it does nothing... but thanks anyway man. Oh well, guess I`ll stick to the Windows on-screen keyboard or get a USB one then.

Odamex supports xbox native as well as full gamepad support on other platforms (including being able to bring up the menu). It's not as fancy as latest zdoom but it might be worth checking out.

Phobus said:

It may require a post 2.5.0 SVN build though. I'm not really sure when controller support was added for the menu.

Graf Zahl said:

It may require a post 2.5.0 SVN build though. I'm not really sure when controller support was added for the menu.

Yes, it worked! Actually, 2.5.0 had support for the menu, the latest revision I downloaded did not.

Also outside of the Xbox 360 controller you should be able to bring up the menu by binding menu_main to a controller button.