Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

Parameters in Z-DooM not activating?

I've been recently attempting to play DooM with fast monsters on the usual difficulty of UV, but it won't recognize the first parameter of the command line as listed on the DooM wiki;"doom -warp 01 -fast"

What exactly am I doing wrong? I've typed in several variations, one of which caused my to teleport into the corner of MAP:01, some not doing anything.

I've always used the classic ID codes for warping and such, like IDCLEV, too bad they didn't make one for fast or respawn.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Have you tried running a .bat file?
If you're playing on zdoom (looking at your title) then it would look like this:

zdoom -iwad doom.wad -fast

DeumReaper said:

Have you tried running a .bat file?
If you're playing on zdoom (looking at your title) then it would look like this:

zdoom -iwad doom.wad -fast

I dunno, I've tried entering similar things in the console, but to no avail. And yes, I'm using Z-DooM.

Well,

zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -warp 01 -fast -skill 4

works for me as expected, so it sounds like the problem is something on your end. If you haven't already seen it, here is some info on parameters specific to ZDoom.

Note that ZDoom also lets you toggle fast monsters through the "Gameplay Options" menu, and if you know which DMflags you want to use, you can also toggle them through the console or via a keybind. See here for more info.

Mithran Denizen said:

Note that ZDoom also lets you toggle fast monsters through the "Gameplay Options" menu

ಠ_ಠ

*facepalm*

Thanks, I totally forgot that option was there. God do I need to get more sleep....