Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pottus

HR Tribute Levels

Well some time ago we were working on a HR Tribute WAD but ended up discontinuing it but I decided it would probably be a good idea to release a couple of levels that were completed let me know how you guys like them.

Map 15 and map 31

Secret exit on map15 leads to 31.

Cheers!

http://download879.mediafire.com/cn18y3c879jg/oaj1ld9inutco4e/hrtribute.rar

Edited by Pottus

eternal slumber said:

Was the HR tribute wad gonna be HR3? If so, why did you guys stop? The HR3 maps looked cool.

btw, could you post screenshots plz?

We kind of lost interest after being berated by the community, I can understand why but still it was demotivating.

DoomHero85 said:

Do you still have some of the HR3 stuff? I'd be willing to continue it.

It's called Hells Last Stand, HR Tribute actually in essence ya HR3 anyways if you really want to continue it I'd be willing to do some work on it. As a matter of fact I still have the FTP we were using for the project it's on a dedicated server with all the files and is basically where we left off.

That style gameplay is getting a lot of attention since I started the slaughter thread, so I think maybe I could spark interest in starting it up again. Especially if you want to make Hell's Last Stand vanilla compatible.

It's unfortunate to hear about the problems with "Hell's Last Stand," because I was looking forward to this (and slaughter maps are fun). I think DoomHero85 has a point--if it's advertised that this WIP "Hell Revealed" tribute is in need of new mappers to complete it, I think there will be a handful of people who will come to help. HR 1 and 2 are so popular and well liked, I would be more surprised if NO ONE offered to help.

Hell Reviewed:

The first one MAP15 seemed pretty tame for an HR tribute, at least until about the second half which caught me off-guard as being quite obviously influenced by HR2's MAP15. It's a little late in the night for me to give these a full playthrough, but I got a glance at the first area of MAP31 which reminded me a lot of HR2 MAP16

40oz said:

Hell Reviewed:

The first one MAP15 seemed pretty tame for an HR tribute, at least until about the second half which caught me off-guard as being quite obviously influenced by HR2's MAP15. It's a little late in the night for me to give these a full playthrough, but I got a glance at the first area of MAP31 which reminded me a lot of HR2 MAP16

Well it's The Path III it has to be influenced by the other previous maps, the start and end of is fairly linear but once you get to the main area you have a choice of what you want to do. There is three gates and three gets obtain any two keys and open at least one gate to get to the exit get all keys and open all gates the secret exit can be opened. Map 16 was one of my favorite maps however there was some bad reviews (simple imp cages) and parts of it didn't make sense like the tech base elements. I wanted to make a similar level but with all the elements that were lacking in the original map.

Sigvatr said:

HR Tribute Levels: more like, every map released in the past decade.

Another way of saying that this is a bad idea I suppose, since the statement is completely untrue. Why don't you just say it?

There should be a rule that any claim like that should also come with a dozen links of HR-styled wads.

At least I would have something to play instead of generic techbases filled with Doom 1 enemies.

I enjoyed this quite a lot. I finished map15 and I'm going to go for the next map too. I liked the monster placement, and the fact that there hardly were any teleport-ambushes. The music was very good and set the mood perfectly.

gemini09 said:

I enjoyed this quite a lot. I finished map15 and I'm going to go for the next map too. I liked the monster placement, and the fact that there hardly were any teleport-ambushes. The music was very good and set the mood perfectly.

I second this. :)

With the only exception being that I beat MAP31 and now I'm heading to MAP15. Rammstein - Benzin!